Awesome service, dinner and breakfast couldn't be faulted. Much more relaxing then Hanmer Springs. We were the last ones in the hot pools in the evening and the first ones the next morning. The slimy algae was a bit off putting at first but was explained by the posters around the place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Maruia Hot Springs is located on the Lewis Pass in a National Park where you can enjoy picturesque mountain views and look out to the flowing waters of the Maruia River while bathing in our 100% Natural mineral hot pools. Our pools are completely natural (no chemicals used), enjoy bathing in hot water sourced directly from our bore, our water has a high mineral content, which is considered to have healing properties especially for skin conditions and joint and muscle pain. We have 3 outdoor hot pools, and an indoor bath house that are open 7 days a week from 8am-9pm. We also have a private bathing pavilion available by booking, or in our package deals. Come and enjoy a serene and quiet bathing experience away from crowds and cell phones. Our Cafe is open 7 days a week so if you are driving past grab a coffee and enjoy a foot bath amongst the wildlife and beautiful views from our deck. Perfect for bird lovers! The restaurant open 7 days a week and offers a fresh new Kiwiana menu and a classic breakfast menu that includes poached eggs with homemade Hollandaise sauce. Visit our website to book and come and enjoy a unique experience in the tranquillity of the mountains. As new owners we are passionate about working towards making Maruia Hot Springs into a World Class resort and a pure New Zealand experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Maruia Hot Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maruia Springs Thermal Resort Ltd Hotel South Island
- Maruia Springs Thermal Hotel Ltd
- Maruia Hot Springs New Zealand/South Island