We were on our honeymoon (visiting from California) and this was our third stop on a trip through New Zealand and Bora Bora. We were looking for a nice hotel in wine country.
We chose this property because it was rated #1 in Blenheim on TripAdvisor.
Room: super comfortable, large apartment-type accomodations. There is a separate bedroom, a large bathroom and a combined living room & dining area. The decor is modern and there are many amenities. This all provided for a very comfortable few days.
Transportation: we had no rental car, so were very pleasantly surprised that the hotel provided us with some transportation. They provided rides to and from the airport, and even to dinner at a restaurant off-property.
Restaurant: we had a romance package that came with dinner one night. The food was great and we were so stuffed with good food that we took dessert back to our room. I can honestly say that we weren't blown away with food in New Zealand as a whole, but Blenheim was the exception. Really good food. The entire ambiance definitely reminded me of Napa Valley in California. We found out later that only guests can dine at the restaurant. If we'd known this, we probably would've had dinner here the second night! Instead, we went to a restaurant called Gibb's - that meal was fine, but I would've preferred a 2nd night at the MVH restaurant.
Bikes for rent: we were able to rent bikes at the hotel, a nice convenience.
Breakfast: was included with our stay, and was very good; smoked salmon, fresh coffee and all.
Service: everyone was just super nice. It's clear that they pay attention to the details.
Laundry facilities: as this was the half point of our trip, we took advantage of the reasonable priced laundry facilities and were very glad they were here.
Not many, but just to be balanced...
Honeymoon amenities: we weren't provided anything as a gift for being on our honeymoon. Not that we're spoiled and expect it, but every other property that we stayed at during our honeymoon had something. Not complaining so much, just noting.
All in all, we thought MVH was awesome and truly memorable. Even though Bora Bora provided some great accomodations, this might have been our favorite stop from an experience standpoint and MVH had alot to do with that.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by vineyards, MVH is on Rapaura Road in the heart of Sauvignon Blanc country, MVH is Famous for its use of Local Marlborough produce, wether that be Food or WineOnly an hour drive from Nelson and 25 minutes from Picton.MVH offers luxury Marlborough accommodation and activities for your next holiday, wine experience, weekend escape, boutique vineyard wedding or executive retreat.The Vintners Room Restaurant offers modern cuisine with a seasonl menu created to show case the best of Marlborough Produce some sourced locally and some grown in our own gardenOptions range from a sharing platteror a two course meal to a wine matched degustation dinner. Marlborough Vintners Hotel 16 Executive Vineyard Suites are furnished with luxury in mind and the spacious 71m2 will ensure that you have ample space to relax in during your stay. Each suite is complete with all the amenities and facilities you would expect from a 5 star rated property such as King size beds, Towelling Robes, a spacious bathroom with handmade amenities from a local supplier, DVD player, TV, a great range of complimentary DVDs , private patio and a small kitchenette with tea and coffee making facilities. Complimentary Wi-FI is also available in your suite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Priceline, Odigeo, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Marlborough Vintners Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Marlborough Vintners
- Marlborough Vintners Hotel Blenheim, New Zealand