I have very rarely given a 5 star to a place - but this one really deserves it. There's simply no other scoring for MVH!
We stayed 2 nights, on the Gourmet package, which was just excellent value. The hotel itself was really really nice - from the friendly staff at the reception, to the excellent layout of the suites, to the modern decor, to the enormous size, to the attention to details - it simply exceeds our expectation (and we already had quite a high expectation, seeing that it was No. 1 on TA). From the minute we walked in, we wondered - maybe we should stay 3 nights.
Each suite has its own bedroom, and the couch in the lounge can be used as a sofa bed. Both beds are very comfy (I know as I slept on both). Pillows are also good. Shower is great, with lots of hot water and strong pressure. The shower is enormous - it's like the size of the bedroom! The suites feel like they are brand new. Everything is finished at a high standard. There's a private courtyard for you to sit outside and enjoy the sun. And wait - there's one more thing - apart from the heat pump, this place has underfloor heating for the bathroom. What more can we say?
Both mornings we had breakfast there. It was a continental breakfast but with a lot of choice - at least 6 types of bread/english muffins/bagels - lots of spreads, a good selection of fruits, yogurt, cereals, ham, salmon, cheese. And freshly made coffee and juice. Sitting in the restaurant and tucking in, what a good way to start the day.
We also had dinner there on our first night - again, everything was delicious. Entree was their specialty bread which was really really yum. For mains we had the pork belly and lamb racks, both were very well done. My son's alphabet soup was probably a little disappointing, but I should've ordered pasta for him...anyway, desserts were divine. The waitress was very friendly, and the chef even invited my son to decorate his own sundane.
On the morning we were departing, it was pouring down with rain, and the reception happily suggested that we stayed in our suite for as long as we wanted, before we had to leave to catch our ferry.
We will be back. And I would gladly recommend this place to anyone. Food, hotel, service, everything is perfect!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by vineyards, MVH is on Rapaura Road in the heart of Sauvignon Blanc country, MVH is Famous for its use of Local Marlborough produce, wether that be Food or WineOnly an hour drive from Nelson and 25 minutes from Picton.MVH offers luxury Marlborough accommodation and activities for your next holiday, wine experience, weekend escape, boutique vineyard wedding or executive retreat.The Vintners Room Restaurant offers modern cuisine with a seasonl menu created to show case the best of Marlborough Produce some sourced locally and some grown in our own gardenOptions range from a sharing platteror a two course meal to a wine matched degustation dinner. Marlborough Vintners Hotel 16 Executive Vineyard Suites are furnished with luxury in mind and the spacious 71m2 will ensure that you have ample space to relax in during your stay. Each suite is complete with all the amenities and facilities you would expect from a 5 star rated property such as King size beds, Towelling Robes, a spacious bathroom with handmade amenities from a local supplier, DVD player, TV, a great range of complimentary DVDs , private patio and a small kitchenette with tea and coffee making facilities. Complimentary Wi-FI is also available in your suite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Agoda, Ebookers, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Marlborough Vintners Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Marlborough Vintners
- Marlborough Vintners Hotel Blenheim, New Zealand