“Highlight Wine Tours are the best bar none”

Highlight Wine Tours
Ranked #2 of 39 Food & Drink in Blenheim
Blenhein
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Highlight Wine Tours are the best bar none”
Reviewed 7 May 2014

I live locally and for my birthday my wife took me on a tour with these great people Colleen and Dave Harper. From start to finish it was educational, entertaining, exciting. Don't look elsewhere; stop here at Highlight.

Visited May 2014

Dublin, Ireland
51 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 94 helpful votes
“The only tour to take”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

We did the full day wine tour, Colleen was our guide. We took in 6 wineries, a sparkling wine specialist and the chocolate factory. It was a brilliant way to spend a day, not only because the Marlborough region and the wineries but Colleen was a fantastic tour guide, real friendly, informative, patient and good banter. I highly recommend Highlight Wine Tours as the best way to experience the wineries.

1 Thank csmurf
Seaside Heights, New Jersey
39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 389 helpful votes
“More of a sober driver than a tour”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

The driver picked us up, drove us to wineries and drove us back to our hotel. She was nice but didn’t have any kind of microphone in the van so she was hard to hear. She did not seem to know a lot about wine. She was more of a driver than a wine tour guide. She also told our group that we were ahead of schedule and she did everything she could do to slow us down rather than make more stops to fill in our 4 hour tour. The tour is advertised as 4 hours not just to a specific number of cellar doors.

In this area the winery cellar doors are right next to each other on 1 or 2 main roads. You can easily do a self-bike tour to the cellar doors. During this tour our guide actually drove us across the street from 1 winery to another. This was about a 1 minute walk. (not kidding).

I find no fault with the tour guide that the cellar doors are right next to each other. In other wine tours I have experienced the cellar doors may have been close but not directly next to each other. I offer this information not as a complaint but to educate. We felt like we paid $130 ($65 x 2) for a driver. I guess that is just the local price to pay but I may have been able to rent a bike or hire a cab to drive me around for a lot less.

There are many, many companies offering wine tours in this area. They all seem to be the same and charge the same rate. This company was ok but did not stand out.

Visited February 2014
3 Thank Mary K
Sydney, Australia
“Highlight wine tours”
Reviewed 26 April 2014

First time in NZ South Island and booked wine tour in the Marlborough region. Wanted to go to Villa Maria and St Clair as we drink our body weight in these two Sav blanks!

Dave picked us up and built this into our half day tour, very knowledgable and friendly and would do anything to assist throughout the tour. He even took a couple of wine glasses we purchased and packaged them up for us overnight to protect on our return flight.

Finally Dave took us to the German brewery at the end of the day which being an Englishman was the perfect way to end the trip.

I would highly recommend this company.

Chapel Hill
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great wine tour”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

We did the full-day wine tour with Colleen. This allowed us to visit 6 different wineries in addition to the chocolate factory. We had lunch at one of the wineries (prices started at 20ish NZD for mains). We had the opportunity to try a lot of wines (at least 5 wines per vineyard) that were focused on what the group wanted. We also got a lot of explanations by Colleen and the staff of each winery. Our very international group had a good atmosphere going on. Colleen was very friendly, and she went out of her way to find a nice restaurant for the night and a pounamu store in Blenheim. Would highly recommend!