“Lovely Homestay” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Villa Rose Homestay

The Villa Rose Homestay
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Blenheim
The Villa Rose Homestay
Melbourne, Australia
“Lovely Homestay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2011

Beautifully clean home, used Regina's bikes to explore the area at no cost. Honest and friendly host with a cute baby! Very helpful despite having a newborn, gave us good tips and recommendations on local wineries and eateries. We even had the big house to ourselves as there were no other guests at the time.

Would recommend.
Dat & Hong

Families
Auckland Region, New Zealand
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2011

nice clean rooms, but did not feel comfortable there, no locks on the rooms or privacy, milk for coffee very minimal, no shoes allowed inside but floor was very cold, even in summer time
not sure what an irish welcome is but didn't get one!!
the owner went into one of the rooms without knocking in front of us thinking they were out/away and poor guests were in room if you get my drift, it most embarrassing

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
villa016, Owner at The Villa Rose Homestay, responded to this review, 3 April 2011
Hi there
I guess the friendly Irish welcome went out the door when prior to arrival one of your party emailed asking me to come out to the Airport and pick up her and her 4 friends (not guest's of the Villa Rose) and then went on to ask if they could all come back here at 0930 and loiter here and have refreshments as they could not check into their own accommodation until 1430. Now for people that are paying $33.00 per person per night that is a mighty big ask. (I could not believe her I actually thought it was a joke it was so rude) I guess I then realized what I was dealing with.
Yes I walked into a guest room by accident thinking they were out as they just moved their car from the driveway I am a human being I make mistakes it could have happened to anyone. My guest understood this and were not at all offended by my mistake what they were offended by was your group making noise late each night and from 0530 each morning laughing and joking with no consideration for the other 2 rooms that were here. (I believe they had to come out and ask you to lower your voices) I was asked by my other guests to ask you to leave you were ruining their time in the Blenheim and my home so don't worry about my mistake and pay attention to your own behavior and how you come across to people. I am only human and I can't like everybody that walks in my door. Some people make it harder than others.

No there are no locks on the doors it is a 3 bedroom homestay if locks were on the doors it would be very homely.
Hamburg, Deutschland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2011

We only stayed one night at "The Villa Rose" and we really enjoyed it.
The rooms are good style furnished and clean.
Together with Regina and an American couple we had a very nice evening on the lovely terrace.

Regina, we wish you a lot of friendly guests, thanks for your nice hospitality!

Best wishes to you and Tara from Hamburg,
Finja & Christian.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
Hi Guys
Thank you so much for your review I really enjoyed having you both here. It was a true plesure to meet you both such lovely people.
Warmest Regards
Darmstadt
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2011

Rooms are clean and quiete. It's comfortable and very nice. Gina is a very friedly and helpfull person. It's a worm staying in The Villa Rose. Is highly recommended.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
villa016, Owner at The Villa Rose Homestay, responded to this review, 21 February 2011
Thank you so much for your kind words I am so happy you enjoyed your time with us we really enjoyed having you here.
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2011

Villa Rose has many attributes, nice bedroom, swimming pool, washing and cooking facilities but we did not feel comfortable there. We had cause to return for night to Blenheim a few days later and we stayed elsewhere.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
I am so very sorry you were not comfortable with us. We really enjoy having travelers come and stay with us this is why we started the business. I am very passionate about my business and try to make everybody feel at home but I guess I can't please very body even though I wish I could.
I hope you enjoy the rest of your time in New Zealand.
Kindest Regards
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2010

If you just want somewhere to crash for a night or two then Villa Rose could be a good option for you. If you're after personal service and attention you're probably best looking elsewhere. This homestay has a bit of a backpacker feel to it - too many rules and signs for my liking. Gina was friendly enough but I did feel like a bit of an intruder. Probably my own fault as I don't think I would have knowingly picked a homestay. In summary - good place for a short stay which doesn't cost you an arm and a leg.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
I would like to start with staying The Villa Rose is indeed exceptional value for money but not a cheap place to stay. We are only a year old and trying to get as many guest as possible so hence the low rates on the rooms.
The signs around the house are there to help people find their way from A to B without having to ask lots of questions, As we are a homestay a lot of people are used to being in B&Bs and other accommodations and sometimes not quite sure how a homestay works 99% of our guests really appreciate them it makes them feel comfortable.
I am a little confused as to how I can be friendly to you and make you feel like an intruder at the same time it is quite a contradiction in terms. I have not opened my home to travelers to make them feel like intruders while here on the contrary I wish them to feel they are in a home away from home. I am very sorry you feel this way about the Villa Rose. I so wish the 100's and 100's of guests who loved being here would make more positive reviews. Kind Regards
masterton
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2010

Had a lovely time at Gina and Richards house, everything had been well thought out, and facilites were excellent.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business