“Check”

19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 64 helpful votes
“Check”
Reviewed 13 July 2013

This out a real farmers market very well run food only lots of people famous chefs all cooking and chatting one of the best markets we have been to highly recommend

Visited June 2013
4 Thank nigelc1

West London
62 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 186 helpful votes
“Excellent market - amazing cakes, pies and produce”
Reviewed 15 June 2013

Our hosts at the Blenheim Sundowner Motel recommended this to us as we were fortunate enough to stay over from a Saturday to Sunday in Feb 2013. We had a lazy start to the day and then drove over to the market hoping to score some breakfast. We loved it! If I lived here I would be at this market every single weekend. We bought some fab pesto, fresh cheese (I asked for NZD£5 worth and was given a HUGE piece) and we spent about 30 minutes drooling over a stall selling fresh pies and pastries, sampling a scotch egg and a superb smoked fish pie, and buying strawberry shortcake (I would kill for this recipe as it's a favourite of mine and this was top notch; I'm still dreaming about it 4 months later) and bread and butter pudding. Wow. That lady could cook! We bought Lusatori olive oil, helping ourselves to some great recipe cards (broad bean smash, pea and mint salsa) and some locally-grown almonds. Everyone seemed to be real foodie, and very happy to talk about their produce, which made the whole thing very social and fun. There was seating, which we made full use of to trough down some pies and re-arrange our bags to make more space! Highly recommended. Take cash and take a couple of bags.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank Jo M
Vientiane, Laos
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great fresh produce”
Reviewed 10 April 2013

Strawberries and figs in April... yum! Good to hear some local muso's playing too... it made for a great atmosphere.

Visited April 2013
Melbourne, Australia
4 attraction reviews
“Great array of quality local produce”
Reviewed 12 January 2013 via mobile

Had been wanting to visit here since my last holiday and finally made it this morning. Despite it being a terribly windy morning it was worth the visit. What did I buy - boysenberry medley (jam), garlic and cashew pesto, fresh strawberries, fresh blueberries, goats cheese, smoked almonds, coffee, kids sausage On bread, some yummy french pastry with chocolate and some fresh eggs. What did I leave behind - olive oils, fresh fish, pine nuts, venison salami, bread and a whole host of produce.

I was also impressed with the children's entertainment - the story teller, she was great.

Highly recommended.

Wellington, New Zealand
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Interesting little market, lots of local produce”
Reviewed 25 October 2012

I liked the friendly stall holders who were keen for shoppers to try their homemade cheeses, jams or chutneys. Plenty of local extra virgin olive oil available for tasting, together with local lamb cuts, baked goods and ice creams. My favourite seasonal treats were on sale too - freshly picked baby broad beans.

Visited October 2012