“Wonderful Experience”

Wairau River Wines Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 115 Restaurants in Blenheim
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Cuisines: New Zealand, Wine Bar
Good for: Child-friendly, View, Kids, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The menu at Wairau River Wines is built around the fresh produce that is readily available in the Marlborough district.Enjoy matching our superb wines at cellar door prices with lunch in a relaxed informal environment either outside on the sun drenched lawns and verandahs or inside beside the large open fire in winter.The Rose family are pioneer grape growers in Marlborough, today their five children all take an active role in the business.
Mission Beach
“Wonderful Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2012

We were recommended this place by someone further south and I am so pleased I listened!
We had the most delightful lunch experience here, (and a couple of Wairau wines of course!)
When we arrived and it was quite busy, the waitress immediately greeted us with a smile and showed us to a table outside. Sitting outside is an experience itself.
What an amazing setting, an outlook of mountains, manicured lawns and vine yards.
I had the Soufflé; it was cooked to perfection and was accompanied with a Rocket and pear salad.
My Partner had a Lamb Burger, and loved it; I had a bite and was equally impressed!
We found the cost was very reasonable, especially when you throw wine into the equation!
Service was friendly, relaxed and prompt.
We sat outside for around 3 hours, catching up on emails courtesy of free WI FI on offer.
This was the fantastic Marlborough experience we had hoped for.
Would recommend and hope to return some day.

• Visited April 2012

“A must visit when in Marlborough”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

Fantastic service, amazing food and stunning building - particularly the new cellar door edition. Would recommend highly and will definitely be back on my next visit to Marlborough.

Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Delicious!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2012

Enjoyed a fabulous lunch on a recent visit. Food was great and the service prompt despite them being reasonably busy when we visited. The outdoor area looked inviting although it was a little too cool to be outside when we were there. I did find the acoustics a bit noisy but not so bad that I wouldn't return.

Singapore, Singapore
“Nice view”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2012

The best thing about this place is its view - we sat outdoors, under the semi-covered area, facing the grape vines with mountains in the backdrop. We truly enjoyed this view as we ate our lunch. Food was a little on the steep end given the portions (I had a smoked salmon salad for almost $30), but at least it was tasty.

• Visited April 2012
wairauriverwines, Manager at Wairau River Wines Restaurant, responded to this review, 15 April 2012
Thank you for your kind comments however we would like to correct an error in your review - the Smoked Salmon Salad is $24, with the most expensive lunch dish being $24.
Sydney, Australia
“Beautiful Food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2012

We only had 2 days in Blenheim so looked up Trip Advisor on the best winery to eat lunch at & this one came up number 1. On arrival I have to say the restaurant itself doesn't look that exciting, the tables are pretty basic & the menu is very small. The food itself was to die for, I had the soufflé and it was the best I've ever had along with the rocket & pear salad that comes with it. My children got the kids platter which they loved particularly the chocolate fish. There's a great area out the back where it would be nice to sit on a warm day. Our kids ran around the back area & it kept them entertained, I would recommend taking a ball if your going with children. I also had the Wairau River Sauv Blanc 2010 which was by far the best I've tasted for a long time.