“Everything you need in wine country”

Scenic Hotel Marlborough
Ranked #4 of 32 Hotels in Blenheim
Manhattan Beach
“Everything you need in wine country”
Reviewed 11 January 2012

This hotel was a pleasant surprise as we had read that it was being renovated. Everything feels clean and the staff was friendly and helpful. Comfortable beds, washable duvet covers (always a plus), and a refrigerator with yummy wine country snacks. It was centrally located and they have an outside pool and an indoor jacuzzi and sauna. I would definately stay here again.

Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
, Manager at Scenic Hotel Marlborough, responded to this review, 16 July 2012
Thank you for your feedback on your stay with us. We believe our refurbished rooms are of a fantastic standard, and it is excellent to have the same feedback coming from our guests.
We are about to under go the second stage of our hotel refurbishment, which will see our public areas of the hotel refurbished to the same high standard as our accommodation rooms.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Scenic Hotel Marlborough in the future.
Kind regards,

Brett Inkster

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed 13 December 2011

We were in town for the 2011 Marlborough Run and having never stayed over night in Blenheim, we just chose Scenic Hotel Marlborough purely for its location (very close proximity to where race Start/Finish and the town itself). We were pleased to be greeted by a very pleasant and professional front office staff from day one with a very positive and easy going attitude. The rooms are very clean, well lit, well decorated and spacious by NZ standards (we had King room). Housekeeping service was awesome...rooms done up when you want it to and they're extremely helpful. The restaurant service was equally a joy. The waiting staff was chatty (in a good way) and was very accommodating. All this great service when they hotel also had other 'large groups' booked in and to cater for. Overall, the service is quite exceptional in my books and a joy to experience. Keep it up. Would definitely come back here next time we're in town.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
, Manager at Scenic Hotel Marlborough, responded to this review, 16 July 2012
Thank you for your feedback on your stay with us at the Scenic Hotel Marlborough. I have passed your comments onto our staff members, and it is feedback like yours that is truly motivating for my team. I trust that you enjoyed your time in Blenheim and at the Marlborough Run.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Kind regards,
Hertfordshire
Reviewed 4 December 2011

I was touring South Island with a friend and had the hotel suggested by the local tourist information office. It has been recently reburbished and we benefited from an introductory offer.

The room was big, fresh and well equipped. A smart bathroom with large shower completed the package. A well stocked mini bar was very moderately priced.

My friend left me to return to work after the first night and I decided to stay on for another two nights. Without being asked the desk organised joining the twin beds to give me a good double bed. I found the staff on the desk to be charming helpful and interested in my travel history and plans.

I tend to prefer to take breakfast away from hotel dining rooms, but on the Sunday morning little was open in town so I returned to the hotel to eat. The breakfast provided was a buffet style but well stocked and pretty fresh and fairly priced.

An excellent hotel to which I would definitely return if I was to come back to Blenheim.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank mrbury
BrettInkster, General Manager at Scenic Hotel Marlborough, responded to this review, 8 December 2011
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us, I am glad you enjoyed it.

We would look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Kind Regards
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 23 November 2011

We stayed in room 213. The renovation mentioned earlier was pretty much completed but during the day they were working on the elevator. The town itself has plenty to see during the day but essentially falls asleep in the evening. The room was new, and consequently very clean. The shower was strong, and there is a large safe capable of holding a laptop.

The staff was very helpful with suggestions for places to see around the area, and places to stop on our way to Christchurch.

I would highly recommend staying here as it is away from the busy part of town and there is little outside noise. The walk to the town centre is only 10 minutes or so.

The restaurant was ok--highly recommend the cheese plate!

Only negative is our room had two single beds, which we pushed together. Ironically, when the room was made up, they put them apart. A minor issue to say the least.

Room Tip: Room 213 was fine!
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
BrettInkster, General Manager at Scenic Hotel Marlborough, responded to this review, 24 November 2011
Thank you for your comments, we really appreciate getting them.

I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us during your time in Marlborough.

Unfortunately the twin beds in the room were due to the room type that was booked and some confusion over the bedding requirements.

Once again thank you for your comments and we hope to welcome you back to Scenic Hotel Marlborough in the future.

Regards
Port Lincoln, Australia
Reviewed 4 November 2011

Easily the best hotel chosen by Kirra Tours as part of our NZ coach tour.

This is an older establishment that was undergoing extensive renovations when we stayed, unfortunately only one night was scheduled here.

We were allocated two adjoining rooms (my daughter had her own) well away from any road noise. The facilities and decor in each room were brand new and up to the minute in fashion - including a high tech panel to allow charging/docking and networking of portable IT equipment. This is the first time I have ever seen such consideration made for the average traveller.

All furniture and fittings were brand new. I almost felt like I had just stepped into a display home or Apple Computer commercial.

Food standards were very good, and unlike some of our tour stops, we were given a limited menu of choices as opposed to a buffet of average quality for most of the tour stops.

I rank this hotel highly based on our experience, and now consider it the bench mark for any superior quality accomodation that I book in the future.

Well Done!

Room Tip: Ask for adjoining room and high tech chargind docking/networking facilites.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Thank You for your comments.

I am glad your enjoyed your short time with us on your tour around New Zealand.

Kind Regards
Woy Woy, New South Wales, Australia
Reviewed 25 October 2011

Room was up to expectation.
The staff were more then willing to help me on every occasion, they are all very friendly & take the time to make you feel valued as a guest.
I can't wait to go back to this beautiful place.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled solo
BrettInkster, General Manager at Scenic Hotel Marlborough, responded to this review, 26 October 2011
Dear Trent

Thank you for your comments.

I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us, we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Regards