“Fantastic overall package!”

Scenic Hotel Marlborough
Ranked #4 of 32 Hotels in Blenheim
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Had such a fantastic stay in this hotel! The staff were extremely friendly and we were very impressed that our baby's cot was made up with a lovely children's quilt and pillow ( mostly you just get white sheets). Had room service dinner and the meal was to die for... And I'm quite a foody! The room itself was fantastic and clean with lots of little touches that make you go 'oh that's cool!' ... Like a wee bag to take home the bathroom products you don't use! Overall fantastic value for money and will definatly be staying again!

• Stayed: October 2013
adrian c, Manager at Scenic Hotel Marlborough, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review - it is great to hear that you had such a good time whilst staying with us. I am also delighted that you enjoyed your room service meal so much - we have got a great kitchen brigade who try and use as much local produce as possible.

Thanks once again and I hope to see you again before too long.

Best wishes

Reviewed 24 October 2013

Nice clean and professional hotel with lovely staff. I got a call from the receptionist 15 minutes after entering my room just to see if everything was all right - very nice.

Comfy beds and cool things like the ability to plug an HDMI connection into my laptop so I could watch videos from my PC on the giant TV in my room...

Room Tip: Nice swimming pool heated to 28 degrees... Very nice!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank TomONeil1971
adrian c, Manager at Scenic Hotel Marlborough, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you! It is great to hear that you had such an enjoyable stay and I am glad that you felt well looked after. It is good to hear that you had time for a swim - did you try our Spa and Sauna too? These can be booked for private use at no charge to our resident guests.

I look forward to welcoming you back some time in the future.

Reviewed 20 October 2013

Lovely renovated hotel in the centre of town. Very comfy beds and great shower. A group pf 4 travellers had interconnecting rooms which were great for us to mix and chat together.
Would have been helpful to have ability to prop the interconnecting door open or even a door stopper as he had to mvoe furniture to keep them open. A small mobile table would also be handy for any groups using the rooms to sit around and chat.
Very helpful staff and the hotel itself is very welcoming, open and pool fantastic. Woudl recommend staying for anyone doing a weekedn away and wanting within walking distance to local restaurants.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank dr1972
adrian c, Manager at Scenic Hotel Marlborough, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for your comments and I am glad that you had an enjoyable stay with us. I am sorry about the frustration of not being able to keep the interconnecting doors open. Door stoppers for these doors should be on the Room Attendant's checklist and we have since purchased extra stocks to ensure that this does not happen again.

Thank you once again for staying with us and I hope to be able to welcome you back to the Scenic Hotel Marlborough in the near future.

Reviewed 20 October 2013

The Scenic Hotel is a beautiful hotel with excellent staff and amenities. It is centrally located in Blenheim walking distance to the town center and in close proximity to a number of world class wineries. The room was very comfortable, clean, and recently updated. We will definitely stay here again on a return visit in the future. It was also nice that they offered passes to the local fitness facility a few blocks away.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guests,

Congratulations! I hope you had a wonderful time on your honeymoon and I am delighted that your stay at Scenic Hotel Marlborough was an enjoyable one.

Thank you for your comments and I hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 11 October 2013

Very nice hotel but food is very expensive. is very handy to the Blenheim CBD. The check in staff are not the most helpful and just seem to be doing their job with out much of a smile. noise is a problem at night as the walls are not soundproof the rooms away from the lift are a lot better with less noise. The welcome notes from the manager are a nice touch and not that common

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
adrian c, Manager at Scenic Hotel Marlborough, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review and thank you for staying with us.

Scenic Hotel Marlborough is certainly very handy for the centre of town and we are very fortunate to have Seymour Square just by the hotel - this is in full bloom at the moment and looks wonderful.

I was surprised and concerned to hear that you had not been given the friendliest of welcomes. Please accept my apologies for this. Our team regularly gets wonderful comments about how welcoming they are and so this is unusual - I will investigate further.

Many thanks once again and I hope to be able to welcome you back to Scenic Hotel Marlborough sometime in the future.

Reviewed 5 October 2013

The rooms are not well soundproofed. We could often hear noise from rooms above/beside us and the corridor. In particular, we were woken at 3:30am by people returning to the hotel.

We had breakfast at the hotel one morning. It was the worst hotel buffet breakfast I've ever had - cheap and nasty. Even the orange juice has been mixed with orange fruit juice drink. And the serviette I was given had already been used.

Despite being in one of NZ's top wine regions, the hotel lacked tourist information such as maps of local wineries.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
adrian c, Manager at Scenic Hotel Marlborough, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am very sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us. You have raised a number of issues which are very concerning and will get further investigation. Maybe you would be able to give me a call on 03 520 6187 to discuss this further?

Reviewed 28 September 2013

Hotel was close to shops ,staff very helpful plenty, of car spaces and no charge to park ! the bed was extremely comfortable . The shower was roomy and not over the bath !! Reasonably priced room , good bar and dining room all in all our stay was very enjoyable . Didn't use the spa and sauna but a good addition a bit cold for swimming pool but it looked great !

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lorraine S
adrian c, Manager at Scenic Hotel Marlborough, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write your review and thank you for staying with us. I am delighted that you had such an enjoyable time and I hope to be able to welcome you back to the Scenic Hotel Marlborough sometime in the future.