“Another good nights stay!”

Scenic Hotel Marlborough
Ranked #4 of 32 Hotels in Blenheim
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Convenient location after our ferry trip, great bed and our room was clean and tidy , staff were friendly and helpful, good food in their restaurant. The meeting area was great too. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
adrian c, Manager at Scenic Hotel Marlborough, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Dear Meg

Thank you very much for your review. I am delighted that you had an enjoyable stay and I hope to see you again soon.

With best wishes

Reviewed 25 June 2014

I stayed in room 312 for two nights on the first night at 5am I was woken by a constant noise which I was told by reception was a fan system in the ceiling (not the rooms aircon as I had turned that off)
They stated maintenance would sort it out, but the same droning noise occurred the following morning.
Reception was apologetic when I checked out, but that was it
I will not be staying there again

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank 4washer
adrian c, Manager at Scenic Hotel Marlborough, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Dear Guest

I am very sorry that you had a disturbed night's sleep. I am particularly sorry that we did not manage to rectify this issue as we had promised. The noise you heard was the extract fan which should automatically shut down at 8pm at night and not come back on until 8am. It seems that the timer was faulty and although there is a manual override in order to shut it down, this was not activated. I have since ensured that the timer has been fixed.
Once again, please accept my apologies - I am very disappointed that we did not follow through on our promise to fix this whilst you were here.
If you are able to contact me on 03 520 6187 I would appreciate the opportunity of talking this through further and apologising in person.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

The room was great, with good facilities. Staff were awesome - really helped with the parking and real late check-in and made the whole process easy. Price was quite decent as well. Would definitely go there again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
adrian c, Manager at Scenic Hotel Marlborough, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for staying with us and thank you for your review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to your next trip to Marlborough!

with best wishes

Reviewed 18 June 2014

We stayed here for two night, doing a few days of wine tasting in the Marlborough area. The hotel is luxurious with high standard rooms and a magnificent restaurant. The hotel also rents out bikes for a symbolic price. A bit pricy, but worth it.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for your review and I am delighted that you enjoyed your time in Marlborough and here at the Scenic Hotel. We do have a few bikes on site here which are available for a daily hire charge of $35. They are a great way of exploring the vineyards and there are also many other trails suitable - for all levels of athleticism!
For those interested in wine we have also recently introduced some wine tasting flights in the bar so that you can try a number of different local wines all for the cost of a normal glass of wine.
Thank you once again for staying with us and we hope to be able to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Fabulous Rooms that are kept beautifully clean, Welcoming warm friendly staff and the food is superb. The interior of the hotel has been refurbish wonderful that when you step into the reception area they had these gorgeous colourful chairs with high backs I so would want to buy one for myself, The main hallways when you go too the rooms are wide not so narrow and when you step into your room they are beautifully spacious offering hot free beverage and a very large king bed. They have a Sauna, Spa & a swimming pool I didn't get too use these items as the weather was not perfect . I would 100% highly recommend & looking forward in returning.........Again a big Thank you

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am delighted that you had such a great time - although it seems the usual Marlborough Sunshine was not around for your visit!

I look forward to welcoming you back some time.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

My finance and I had booked to stay here the night of our wedding, upon calling them to confirm the booking and pay via credit card they were rude, tried to increase the price from the advertised price on the website and then ADD GST on top, so what was going to be $135 was now suddenly $161. I know it is not even $30 difference, but it was for my wedding, the best day of my life and I have now found somewhere else to stay. So no, I would never recommend staying at this hotel. It's a shame as it has recently been renovated and under new management so I am sure it has potential. It is just a shame that they tried to shaft me out of an additional few dollars and were rude to me on the phone. Not impressed and very disappointed.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
adrian c, Manager at Scenic Hotel Marlborough, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Dear Lauren,

I would like to apologise wholeheartedly for how your booking has been handled. I will be making a full investigation into this incident and would appreciate your input as this appears to be far from the level of service that I would expect from my team. I understand that you may just wish to put this behind you but if you could spare the timeto give me a call on 03 520 6187 I would greatly appreciate it.
I would like to categorically state that we do not wish to mislead anyone in any way. The rates on our website include gst and are generally the best rates available for that day. These rates do fluctuate day on day. We will honour these if you prefer to book by telephone rather than by email.
I hope I do hear from you but if I do not I wish that you have a wonderful wedding day and that one day we will have a chance of making amends.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Our first stop in South Island after arriving at Picton. Lovely setting next to park area. The joke was the outdoor swimming pool which was the size of a large bath. You could watch the sunset from the dining room. Room was good and food excellent.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Mike

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am delighted that you had an enjoyable stay. The Restaurant overlooks Seymour Square and it is a lovely spot to unwind and reflect on teh days activities.
I am sorry that you found our pool too small. During the summer this is open for our guests to use and is heated to about 28 degrees centigrade. It measures just over 8 metres in length which suits those that just want to cool off and have some gentle exercise. For more serious swimmers then Stadium 2000, a 5 - 10 minutes stroll away, has a full 25 metre long pool.
I hope you enjoyed the rest of your trip to New Zealand and thank you once again for staying with us.