“Excellent staff - great restarant cuisine!!”

Quality Hotel Marlborough
Ranked #18 of 32 Hotels in Blenheim
Brisbane, Australia
“Excellent staff - great restarant cuisine!!”
Reviewed 22 August 2008

No problems staying here. Friendly welcoming staff. Had a large room with King bed and flat screen LCD television. Wireless internet in rooms for $10 per 12 hours. Nikau by the pool restaurant was a BIG surprise. No need to go out looking for a decent place to eat when you arrive tired after a long day's travelling. Typical hotel restaurant decor i.e bland and simple - but the Chef and his food - WOW!! Definitely fine cuisine dining with great presentation and flavour. They have an "award winning chef Remco de Hann". The hotel website states - Remco has very quickly established our restaurant to be of the best Marlborough and indeed New Zealand has to offer -- I couldn't agree more. We were so glad we stumbled upon this hotel late one afternoon when another I liked through Tripadvisor was booked out. Would definitely return again if staying in the Marlborough region... for the food..YUMMY!!

• Liked — Restaurant
  • Disliked — Nil
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Blenheim
Reviewed 20 May 2008

My partner and I wanted a night away we don't get to do this often and chose this Hotel due to looking at the website. We contacted them direct and requested a spa unit. The staff member who helped us was excellent. When we arrived the heater in the room had been turned on the blinds closed and the bedside lamps were on, very inviting and welcoming on a cool night. The room was extremely clean and very quiet we had people in rooms on either side of us and we never heard them, all staff were very welcoming. The barman has an excellent knowledge of local wines and when I told him what I liked to knew just what to serve me. The restuarant was the best I have dined in, in quite some time. Top Hotel and brillant staff will most defintly stay again.

• Liked — warm and inviting
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Brisbane
Reviewed 5 May 2008

Best Stay Ever

We stayed at the Copthorne Marlborough on the 21/22 March 08
We were on a tour of New Zealand and without a doubt this was the best hotel we stayed at on our entire visit.
The room was large , modern and well appointed.
The staff were simply outstanding, every single staff member we
dealt with was friendly and helpful.
My husband is a diabetic when we rang at 2.30 in the morning one of the owners brought up a sandwhich for him.
This hotel is owned by a family who always seem to be on duty.
The dinner in the resturant was not what we expected of a smaller hotel , the meal was simply outstanding far better than our first nights meal at a so called TOP Blenheim resturant.
In fact Copthorne Marlborough"s resturant was the best we dined in through out our stay anywhere in NZ . Really : )

Stayed March 2008
Christchurch, New Zealand
Reviewed 6 February 2007

Noisy, converted office block, you could hear the neighbours toilet flushing AND their private conversations, we wouldn't have returned, no room service, no breakfast etc no extra towels, but the morning we checked out it became even worse, I have copied most of the letter to management which I have sent to the Copthorne.....

I stayed at the Copthorne Malborough Arriving Saturday 02/02/07 and checking out Monday 01/02/07. On the Saturday I phoned reception to confirm laundry service and was told to bring my linen trousers to reception. On Monday morning, my husband collected them and returned them to the room, they had been washed, dried in a dryer and loosely folded so very wrinkled. I had not been contacted by recption but perhaps they had just been sitting there? I attempted to iron them however the iron, when filled with water, just poured out. I then noticed that the trousers were four inches shorter than they had been on Saturday. I went to check out and said that explained the above to the woman at reception. I also showed her the tag with the washing instructions that was clearly visible as they had only been washed once from new that clearly stated do not tumble dry. At this point she told me "well if you are so worried about your precious new pants you should have washed them yourself in the handbasin in your room, and we don't have a clothes line to hang clothes out" I suggested that returning them unlaundered rather than ruined would have been preferable to which she replied "well its too bad now, isn't it"
When I asked to speak with someone else she replied that she was management and that there was no one else to speak to. I felt she was very defensive and abusive which completely ruined our impression of the hotel was very upsetting.

Stayed February 2007
6 Thank julznz
UK
Reviewed 22 January 2006

Stayed here just before Christmas 2005.

Website of this hotel looks good - but in reality a bit disappointing.

Hotel itself is situated in commercial part of town. It is only a 10 minute walk to the centre of Blenheim - but you have to cross a very busy main road to get to the town.

Our room was at the front and the hotel is set back but you can still hear the traffic - it does quieten down at night.

We stayed for 2 nights - both nights restaurant was closed - first night was a Monday night - don't know if it was because this is the chefs night off - second night was because they had a private function. So much for looking after guests.

The room was very clean and modern - but lacked atmosphere - in fact the whole hotel did. If you wanted breakfast, according to their guest info in the room - you had to inform them the previous night. We ate our breakfast in the town.

Hotel was not cheap - and layout and the way it is run is definitely more like a motel. (I stayed at far better motels than here)

• Stayed December 2005