Our stay at Antria was marvelous.
Arrived on a sunny afternoon in February and was meet by Phil. He showed us our room which was airy and quiet and had a very nice bathroom.
He also showed us the shared facilities which included a fridge, free cookies, all-day coffee and tea, a living room with nice chairs, books, television and a fine collection of art.
Then a complementary bottle of wine was offered. We enjoyed that at the sunny table outside our room.
In the evening Phil drove us to our diner restaurant at no extra charge.he also gave us the number to a reliable taxi driver who brought us home late in the evening.
The next day we met Kathryne - a warm and friendly woman who prepared an excellent breakfast. We mentioned that we had admired the various art in the living room she told us that she was the art collector and that she had bought it both locally and overseas. As my husband is painting we gave her a link to a an internet-page where she could take a look at his paintings.
Then Phil took us on a tour to some wineries in the area - must do if you go there as he know all the interesting places. For instance we visited the Yealands Estate with a fantastic view over the bay and chicken among the grapes AND soft music in the chicken houses. He also took us to a nice restaurant for lunch.
In the evening Kathryne prepared a very tasteful platter with local products (cheese, pate etc.) at a very reasonable price. We enjoyed that together with a complimentary bottle of wine sitting in the evening sun outside our room.
The next morning she told us that she was very impressed with my husbands pictures and would like to buy one - a picture that in both her and our opinion show the essence of Antria e.g. Sunny colours, walls, chicken and a garden. After our return to Denmark we have shipped the selected painting and if you ever come to Antria (you must - Kathryne and Phil and Antria are so amazing) you will see the painting in the entrance hall.
We felt so sorry to leave and would love to come back one day but are so happy that my husbands painting has found a good "home away from home".
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wanting something different then look no further,from the moment you walk through the Gothic front doors you will know you are in for a memorable stay.High end comfort awaits but you will truly be able to relax.With 40 vineyards within 10 mins and some of the finest resturants in Marlborough, come and enjoy a Gold Medal Savignon Blanc and relax. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your Antria Boutique Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Antria Boutique Hotel Blenheim
- Antria Boutique Lodge Blenheim, Marlborough, New Zealand