“Good one night stay”

Ranked #12 of 32 Hotels in Blenheim
ingham queensland australia
“Good one night stay”
Reviewed 9 July 2011

The room was spacious, comfy and clean. The grounds are well kept and lovely.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
west coast
Reviewed 13 August 2008

I have never been to Blenheim before & the management helped us arrange our activities while we were there. The cooked breakfast was best value for money and very yummy!!!
The room was very nice & clean & comfy beds. We will definately be back to stay.

• Liked — How freindly & helpfull the management were
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank guzzicat40
Christchurch
Reviewed 15 June 2008

I have never come across such a rudely managed motel ever!

The Middle Park Motel is actually a very nicely decorated, modern complex, however the features of the motel are thrown to the back of your mind once you have "met" the nasty motel manager.
She is extremely rude. I prepaid my accomodation and was told when I checked in that I would need to pay more money. I produced my prepaid voucher, which included a booking fee.
Upon check out I was advised that I wasnt leaving until I had paid the additional amount - which was very minimal! Upon principle I advised the manager that I was not going to pay any more, and was subsequently advised to "get out" and never come back.
Not only will I never go back, working in the tourism industry, I will never advise anyone to stay there, and I will tell everyone I know as well.

Shame on the management of Middle Park Motel!

• Disliked — Rude Staff
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
1 Thank sungirl125
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 21 December 2005

We loved our stay at the Middle Park, which has recently been renovated under new owners Nick and Sand, expats who love the quiet little town as much as you will when you leave. We stayed in one of the two-bedroom cabins in the back -- we found it clean, crisply decorated, and completely homey. The market across the street was a perfect place to load up on water and snacks before heading up to the beautiful and isolated Monkey Bay or over to one of the excellent winerys for which Marlborough is rightfully known. The service is personable but unobtrusive -- Nick ran me back to the airport to get my rental car the morning we arrived, giving me a brief on avoiding speeding tickets along the way. Every day we picked lemons from one of their two lemon trees for lemonade or more adult drinks....

Overall a wonderful, thoroughly Kiwi experience everyone should experience.

• Stayed November 2005