“Fantastic restaurant , nice wine and perfect ambience”

Rock Ferry Wines Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 114 Restaurants in Blenheim
Cuisines: New Zealand
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Rockferry Wines is owned by husband and wife team Tom and Fiona, proud producers of world-class certified organic wines, made right here in New Zealand. Our philosophy is to make real wines which speak of their home; to express the pure distinct flavours from our organic estate vineyards in Marlborough and Central Otago. It's the way we live. We welcome you to visit our team and taste our wines at our cellar door and restaurant in Marlborough. Based around seasonally inspired cooking and our range of organically grown wines, the cellar door and restaurant is a great showcase for the honest, down-to-earth produce that New Zealand's South Island is justifiably famous for. We look forward to seeing you soon
Kuala Lumpur
“Fantastic restaurant , nice wine and perfect ambience”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

My husband and I stopped by with our three kids and our lunch couldn't have been even more perfect. The menu had a great selection. The grounds had a small but plenty fun area for the kids. We both had the steak sandwich which was one one of the best I have ever had. Service and ambience was super!

• Visited June 2014

• Korean first
“Lovely staff”
Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

My partner and I came here for our first stop on our wine tasting day and this was the best by far for service and quality wine (not that I'm an expert). The woman who served us (a fellow aussie) was exceptionally friendly and there was no pressure to buy anything. I would definitely come here again and next time I'd stay for lunch.

Blenheim, New Zealand
“Great place to come back to”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

My wife and I took my Mum out for lunch on a cold but sunny Autumn day. Started with some wine tasting, from both Marlborough and North Otago. Then some of the most amazing warm breads; walnut, pumpernickle and sour dough, accompanied by dips to die for.

The main course was devine, my wife and Mum had the fish and I had the steak sandwich all cooked perfectly with wonderful flavours throughout.

Finished off with dessert, which we didn't really have room for but couldn't resist. Two chocolate mousse cakes, and a NY baked cheesecake later we were very full. The cheesecake was nice enough but not spectacular, but the chocolate was exquisite.

All in all a stunning lunch which we all enjoyed heaps. This is one of our favourite wineries in Blenheim, and we'll definitely be back again.

• Visited May 2014
Blenheim, New Zealand
“Drinks and dessert”
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Met some friends for a coffee and catch up. We ended up tasting beers and wine we have not had before. We were then tempted to have the Lemon Meringue pie and a coffee. We sat outside in the lovely garden and the service was great. Got water delivered to our table and the wait staff were knowledgable about the wine. (One of the wines was from our friends winery). There was a no smoking sign at all the outside tables so it was good to be outside and not have to put up with wafting smoke. Smokers went for a walk in the garden. The lemon meringue pie was delicious.

• Visited April 2014
Christchurch, Canterbury, New Zealand
“A perfect spot for a relaxing lunch”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

We were a group of 6 who visited Rock Ferry for lunch. We were very well looked after, given a wine tasting while waiting for our table and thoroughly enjoyed the wines. The menu offered a good selection of meat and fish with one vegetarian option. I chose the fish of the day which sat on a coconut and kaffir lime risotto (sounds delicious) so you can imagine my dismay when I discovered, upon asking, that it had been made with chicken stock (I do not eat meat). 3 others in our party had the dish and raved about it. Overall the food was very good and I will certainly go back.

• Visited May 2014