“A home far away from home.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Blenheim
Copperbeech Backpackers
“A home far away from home.”
Reviewed 11 December 2013

Copperbeech is really The place to stay. Really Nice and cosy hostel with great people who must probably will become your family. Don't even think staying for shortly and even if you stay you still will have a great time. The managers are always up to help you out and the activities are great, they have great ideas, you can't miss the free wine tour. At cold days you can enjoyed the cosy fire in the living room and at Sunny day you can enjoyed the Green and big backyard. Stay at Copperbeech you won't regret

• Stayed June 2013
CopperbeechBlenheim, Manager at Copperbeech Backpackers, responded to this review, 3 November 2014
Thank you Gisele for your feedback! We are so happy you had an amazing time!! There is not a day that goes by that we not miss you!! We hope you are fine!! Happy travels and hope to see you soon again :)

Families
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Krefeld, Germany
Reviewed 21 November 2013

Looking for my next stop during my work & travel stay in New Zealand I discovered Blenheim. Although I was told not to go there by many people I figured I should get an idea for myself and that was the best idea I had.

The reason: COPPERBEECH BACKPACKERS!!!

When I arrived Svatka the manager gave me a tour through the hostel and although there weren't any jobs available at the time I had to stay. I felt really comfortable and I wasn't disappointed at all.

Copperbeech backpackers is not just a hostel. There are so many things that make copperbeech to something really special:

- The rooms don't have simple numbers, no, every room stands for a country

- cleanness is very important for the lovely manager Svatka and Vinnie who go about it them self.

- there is a program for every night: movie night, soccer, free vine tour, parties... It never gets boring!

- a big terrace with comfy couches

- living room with chimney - seriously cozy!

- modern single showers, no group showers

- giant back yard with apple tree

But the most important part: Svatka and Vinnie the loveliest and best hostel manager I have met in NZ. They are very thoughtful and have an open ear for everybody - they just make you feel like you belong to a big group - no anonymity!

I had the best time in New Zealand at Copperbeech backpackers and if you don't go there you will miss a wonderful and unheard of time.

Copperbeech = my home in NZ

Thank you Svatka and Vinnie!!!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
CopperbeechBlenheim, Manager at Copperbeech Backpackers, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
Hi Gianna,

Thank you so much for your review! Always nice to hear our guests appreciate our effort to give you guys a great time in NZ! Thanks for the summary, we do like our rooms which are countries instead of numbers. As you know at our place nobody is a number too. Personal approach and a great atmosphere are big aims for us!

We've been too many hostels ourselves and we always said that we wanted a clean hostel, so hence why we do everyday a thorough cleaning by ourselves so we have fully control over the quality of the cleaning.

We love the activities too as it is a great opportunity to get to know our guests and for our guests to mingle.

Thank you so much, we are glad you appreciate our 16 hour working shifts 7 days a week just to give the best to all our guests in return!! We would be so happy to see you again, Gianna!! You are a true part of our Copperbeech family!

All the best,
Freiburg im Breisgau, Germany
Reviewed 2 November 2013

If you are looking for a Job in Blenheim and you want to have a home away from home, Copperbeech Backpackers is the best place to stay. In the beginning I wanted to work there for 2-3 weeks. In the end I've been there for 2 months, cause I didn't want to leave...
Be prepared to find some awesome friends, awesome atmosphere and have a wonderful time!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
CopperbeechBlenheim, Manager at Copperbeech Backpackers, responded to this review, 5 December 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words! We are glad you stayed with us this long! We a had great time having you around! Happy you did stay longer than 3 weeks! This happens to many of our guests. Once you enter, it's very hard to leave again! But at least you know when you leave that you met some lifetime friends and have another great experience in your backpack!

Thank you for staying with us! Best of luck,

Mooloolaba, Australien
Reviewed 31 October 2013

There are lots of Hostels that say they will be your home away from home,,, but actually copperbeech is the only one where it's true.
If you are searching for work and at the same time a NICE place to stay, choose copperbeech. I stayed there for 1,5 months and had the bestest time! It's a very cosy and comfy place and the price for weekly rates is just amazing !!! The moment you enter the hostel you can be sure that you'll be well looked after. The managers will be very happy to help you with ANY issue. They will take you to free winery tours, to the beach or arrange trips to pack n save. So don't worry you don't need a car ! Town Centre is in 5-10 minutes walking distance :)

Ive made great friends in Blenheim and was super sad to leave. Thanks for the good time and awesome memories :-) melanie

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank melaulaume
CopperbeechBlenheim, Manager at Copperbeech Backpackers, responded to this review, 4 December 2013
Hi Melanie,

Thank you so much for making the time and effort to review us! We appreciate every advice and help from all of our guests! We are happy you felt like home! Many of our guests do, which is great! We try everything we can to make it a very homey and lowkey atmosphere so everyone feels part of the family!

We try to keep our rates as low as possible (that's why we are only two people for everything, cleaning, activities, check-in, no eftos as too expensive,...). We love doing activities with you guys as that gives us the opportunity to get to know you and creates a bigger bond between guests! We are very happy you had a great time! Hopefully we see you again one day!

Best wishes and happy travels,
Phuket, Thailand
Reviewed 29 October 2013

I really love this hostel. I stayed at Copper Beech about 4 months and I really enjoined it. I couldnt believe that i stayed longer here cos everyone is friendly and the cute dog named Jack is my good friend. I love him. This hostel is clean and a lovely living room is nice and warm in winter and free coffee and tea! I met good friends from all over the world! It was cool. Moreover the managers are well organized person and they helped me find a job in Blenheim. It was awesome. Thanks a lot for your kindness and a warm welcoming.

Room Tip: France room is the best!
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Thank you so much for your kind and warm words!! It was great to meet you and to have you around for so long! Jack is missing you too and is looking forward to welcome you back one day!! We are glad you had a great time at our place, that's our biggest aim: a great experience while your travels in New-Zealand!

We wish you all the best and hope to see you one day in Thailand!!

All the best,
Svatka, Vinnie and Jack
Swindon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 October 2013

If you are looking for a job in Blenheim and a place to stay, Copperbeech is where you want to be. It is the best rated BBH hostel in town for a reason. This white villa with a big garden and enough parking space is clean, cosy, and conveniently situated just 15 minutes from the town centre.The biggest asset of this working hostel, however, are the managers Svatka and Vinnie. The minute you enter the hostel, you know you will be well looked after. These guys will do anything they can to find you a job and make sure there is always some fun activity or a trip coming up.They also arrange weekly trips to Pack and Save with the hostel's van and will pick you up and drop you off at the bus station if you ask them. I stayed at this friendly hostel for 3 months and know many people who stayed longer or left and came back again, which speaks volumes about this place.

Room Tip: Germany (sunny, spacious, quiet dorm room) and Argentina (cosy and sunny twin room)
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Hi Mirka,

Thank you so much for your kind words! it was pleasure to have you around and we would be more happy to see you again one day at our place!!

We wish you all the best and happy travels! :)
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 27 October 2013

I stayed a couple of months at Copperbeech in Blenheim from June to August 2013 and it was the best experience I've had since I started travelling. The hostel is clean, cosy, relaxed and well maintained with fun activities for everyone to enjoy. The guys who run it, Vinnie and Svatka, are a huge part of what makes this place so great! So looking for accommodation in Blenheim? Look no further!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
CopperbeechB, Manager at Copperbeech Backpackers, responded to this review, 31 October 2013
Thank you for taking your time to review us on TripAdvisor!

We strongly believe in creating friendly and relaxed atmosphere for all travelers and we are happy that you appreciate it. By joining the activities people get to know each other faster and so we try to make them interesting for everyone - from wine tours, beach trips to game nights and occasional theme parties. We are thrilled you joined and enjoyed them too.

Thank you for staying with us and we wish you happy further travels!

Svatka & Vinnie