We stayed in the Stables for one night. Our unique privately situated accommodation is in an idyllic setting. Our backyard overlooked the vineyards and mountains in the distance. There were sheep and chicken's roaming the grounds. The pool is nice but we did not take advantage of it.
For dinner, we opted to cook appetizer style dishes on the BBQ because of a fairly filling lunch at the Highfield Estate winery (very good) coupled with a few tastings at other wineries. Breakfast food (eggs, bread, yogurt, etc) is provided as a help yourself offering. We do prefer the more formally prepared breakfasts that we have experienced at numerous other B&B's.
As a wine region (we reside 25 miles from Napa in California) we found Blenheim to be very nice but it did not meet our expectations. Our mental image before arriving was of more rolling hills as opposed to flat terrain. In general the wineries are more than okay but none architecturally impressive. Surprisingly New Zealand beer is quite good. The Fresh Choice market in Blenheim has 385 different beers plus on tap varieties to pour and take home!
Paul and Daphne were very gracious hosts. We very much enjoyed are conversations ranging from recommended sites around Blenheim to world economics! Definitely a great place to stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- ST LEONARD’S VINEYARD COTTAGES is set on 4.5 acres, with five self-contained boutique cottages positioned around the semi-rural property. The original farm homestead (circa 1856) is home to your hosts - Marcus and Michele - and is an excellent example of early NZ colonial architecture. The house is situated in the hub of this private setting with century-old walnut, gum and elm trees. The charming cottages are themed around the old farm buildings, offering their own unique view of mountains, vines or gardens, and are privately located around the property. They are all fully self-contained and self-catering. Make the most of your idyllic surroundings by exploring the grounds with its picturesque gardens and majestic trees. Near the lemon grove you will find sheep and chickens (all prepared to become your new best friend for a handful of food) plus a couple of very shy deer. Pool, Petanque, lawn tennis and Bicycles ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Evoline ltd and Agoda so you can book your St Leonards Vineyard Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St Leonards Vineyard Hotel
- St Leonards Vineyard Blenheim
- St Leonards Vineyard Cottages Blenheim, Marlborough, New Zealand