“Fantastic and well priced Riesling, wonderful building and vista”

Highfield TerraVin Cellar door and Vineyard Restaurant
Ranked #14 of 119 Restaurants in Blenheim
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Highfield TerraVin Vineyard Restaurant serves delicious Mediterranean style food, has breath taking views and with the vibrant Stephanie Armstrong at the helm you will be made to feel so welcome, just like old friends. Stephanie, the owner / operator of Highfield TerraVin Vineyard Restaurant is a host extraordinaire, she has had much experience in the hospitality industry all over the world. For her it’s all about creating memorable experiences for her guests. Many things make up that experience, the welcome, the food, the service, the extraordinary view and the ambiance. It’s important to her that her guests leave feeling special. Stephanie works with David, our chef to serve the freshest, most delicious food. Making good memories for you, that’s what makes Stephanie smile. What are you waiting for? Reserve your table today, we look forward to seeing you.
Reviewed 22 March 2014

My mother and I decided to visit as we were in the area, and on another trip in this area we had gone up to the winery and loved the view. It's such a nice building and view that this time I thought I should buy a glass while we sit outside and enjoy the day and the vista.

I had a quick taste of the Riesling and it was lovely so I bought a glass, $9 filled practically right to the top of the glass, so on the way out I bought a bottle which was only $19.50

The pictures already here on tripadvisor and the two pics I'm uploading with this review tell the story. Fortunately both times I've visited have been awesome days weatherwise.

2  Thank glennomeister

Reviewed 21 March 2014

We came to this winery on the recommendation of an employee of another winery, saying that they offered really nice wine and cheese antipasto platters. We arrived just before they stopped serving, but they let us order anyway.

Located in a lovely old chateau, we decided to go up to the top of the tower while waiting for our platter. From the top, there are panoramic views of the entire valley. After enjoying the view, and taking our photos, we went below for our wine tasting. They do charge $5 for the tasting, but the cost is refunded upon purchase of wine. I was quite surprised how lovely the wines were here. The chardonnay and sauvingnon blancs were lovely and we bought several bottles to take on our way.

The platter of food was completely delicious and very filling. The freshly baked bread was absolutely scrumptious, a wonderful accompaniment to the antipasto platter. Sitting at an outdoor table in the warm sunshine, sipping the wine and eating delicious food served to create an afternoon to remember.

2  Thank ozdreamin
Reviewed 21 December 2013

We had a lovely 20 mins or so wine tasting and then sat outside for lunch. There was only a choice of 2 platters, both very similar but delicious. It was our first time trying their Sauvignon Blanc and a bottle went down a treat while sitting outside and soaking up the view. Sun hats and cream provided for those who need them which was a nice touch. The vineyard is up for sale and we only wish we could buy it!

Reviewed 15 December 2013

we visited Highfield with friends to use a voucher given to us by our son in Australia

Staff were very helpful, platters were great as it allowed us to eat at our on pace as opposed to have to eat a set meal.

great food, great wine , great view, very friendly staff

I will be suggesting our son sends us & other voucher for Highfield.

Reviewed 30 August 2013

Had a nice lunch with a great view food was good beautiful wine we really enjoyed it staff was ok we like the way winery set up had a nice time there