“Best Sauvignon Blanc”

Highfield TerraVin Cellar door and Vineyard Restaurant
Ranked #13 of 115 Restaurants in Blenheim
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Groups, View, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: The Highfield TerraVin Vineyard Restaurant and cellar door is open once again for lunches 7days a week from 11.30am-3.30pm & Sunday's 8.30am-3.30pm for Breakfast & lunch. A Mediterranean inspired Menu matched with a selection of Highfield and TerraVin Wines accompanied by the best views in Marlborough. free entry to the Tuscany Tower for viewing and photo's. A popular venue for Weddings and group bookings during the evenings ie Birthdays, Anniversary's & Business meetings, For all inquiries please contact us on 572 9244 ext.1 cell ph 027 375 578
Waldorf, Maryland
“Best Sauvignon Blanc”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2014

I actually chose to stop at this winery, because I read somewhere that they served lunch. I was a little disappointed that lunch was only an antipasto platter, but we decided to try it since we were there. I must say that it was delicious and the staff took pride in the source of their food. The views were fantastic and it was a little hard to leave! Pricing was also reasonable.

We also did the wine tasting, which was $5 or $6 and fully refundable with wine purchase. The Sauvignon Blanc was the best I've ever had - I haven't been able to find anything comparable! The staff was friendly, but I didn't feel like they went out of their way to describe the wine, what makes it distinct, the barrels used, etc.

Overall, it's worth the stop if you like Sauvignon Blanc or want to grab a small bite with a view.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Stacy L

• Korean first
Wellington, New Zealand
“Fantastic and well priced Riesling, wonderful building and vista”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2014

My mother and I decided to visit as we were in the area, and on another trip in this area we had gone up to the winery and loved the view. It's such a nice building and view that this time I thought I should buy a glass while we sit outside and enjoy the day and the vista.

I had a quick taste of the Riesling and it was lovely so I bought a glass, $9 filled practically right to the top of the glass, so on the way out I bought a bottle which was only $19.50

The pictures already here on tripadvisor and the two pics I'm uploading with this review tell the story. Fortunately both times I've visited have been awesome days weatherwise.

Visited March 2014
2 Thank glennomeister
Honolulu, Hawaii
“Worth the stop”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2014

We came to this winery on the recommendation of an employee of another winery, saying that they offered really nice wine and cheese antipasto platters. We arrived just before they stopped serving, but they let us order anyway.

Located in a lovely old chateau, we decided to go up to the top of the tower while waiting for our platter. From the top, there are panoramic views of the entire valley. After enjoying the view, and taking our photos, we went below for our wine tasting. They do charge $5 for the tasting, but the cost is refunded upon purchase of wine. I was quite surprised how lovely the wines were here. The chardonnay and sauvingnon blancs were lovely and we bought several bottles to take on our way.

The platter of food was completely delicious and very filling. The freshly baked bread was absolutely scrumptious, a wonderful accompaniment to the antipasto platter. Sitting at an outdoor table in the warm sunshine, sipping the wine and eating delicious food served to create an afternoon to remember.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank ozdreamin
Dublin, Ireland
“Lunch with a view!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2013 via mobile

We had a lovely 20 mins or so wine tasting and then sat outside for lunch. There was only a choice of 2 platters, both very similar but delicious. It was our first time trying their Sauvignon Blanc and a bottle went down a treat while sitting outside and soaking up the view. Sun hats and cream provided for those who need them which was a nice touch. The vineyard is up for sale and we only wish we could buy it!

Visited December 2013
Blenheim, New Zealand
“Friends day out”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2013

we visited Highfield with friends to use a voucher given to us by our son in Australia

Staff were very helpful, platters were great as it allowed us to eat at our on pace as opposed to have to eat a set meal.

great food, great wine , great view, very friendly staff

I will be suggesting our son sends us & other voucher for Highfield.

• Visited December 2013