“Poor food and service”

Cuisines: Asian, Chinese, Japanese, Thai
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Just returned from Bamboo Garden I wish I had followed my instinct when first seated and left. The menus were dirty which is never a good sign. We ordered drinks which were promptly delivered and were then almost bullied into ordering and given little time to study the extensive menu. The food was delivered piecemeal with at least ten minutes between the first dish arriving and the last. My husbands curry was tasty and hot. I unfortunately had ordered the duck which was lukewarm swimming in oily water and served on the bone but hacked into small pieces the skin was soggy. I have to admit the hoisin sauce was ok. Safe to say we won't be back.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

We ate at the Bamboo Garden on a Wednesday night, so it was not too busy. We were greeted by friendly staff and promptly seated, with a waitress asking us for our food order before we even had a chance to look at the menu or order any drinks (maybe too efficient service!) We ordered our drinks, and I had the Mojito, which was very good, but the second one I ordered was terrible (made by different people) and tasted completely different - they need to be more consistent with their drinks. My husbands beer was warm, which they replaced, but that wasn't much better. The menu is very extensive, with options of Chinese, Japanese and Thai. When we first saw the menu we were concerned that they would be average at a number of things, rather than great at just one type of cuisine, which we were right! They need to review the menu and offer only items that they do well. We had dumplings for entrée, which were average, and I had twice cooked pork belly for my main, which I would rather forget about - the pork was soggy and the plate was just full of cabbage and onion, which I hate so didn't eat at all! (at least the bowl of white rice was good!) It was a very average night with food that I wish I didn't order or eat - I would not be back.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

very busy restaurant so we decided to dine in earlier. The food and service were excellent with friendly staff. Great place to have dinner but not recommended for romantic dinner.

Reviewed 12 March 2014

Bamboo Garden consistently out do themselves in regards to service, food and atmosphere. on a recent trip to Thailand, I can definitely say that Bamboo garden reflect an authentic meal. Nothing but praise

Reviewed 7 March 2014

Went twice during our stay in Blenheim,both times very good, they have a varied menu so lots to choose from I had Japanese, the salmon, it was beautifully cooked. We also had Thai starters all very nice. Everyone seemed pleased with their meals.