“Exceeded Expectations”

Bellano Motel Suites
Ranked #62 of 146 Hotels in Christchurch
Reviewed 26 September 2012

With so few hotels left in Christchurch, I chose the Bellagio not quite sure of what motel standards are like in NZ. I was stunned when we opened the door to our room, beautifully appointed, super comfy bed, extremely clean and well cared for. They even have the little extras like Red Earth products in the bathroom and kindly catered for our 1am arrival. There is some background noise from the road as expected but it certainly wasnt enough to disrupt sleep. Very friendly on checkout, providing us with city maps, a brilliant breakfast suggestion (Vic's cafe - a 2min walk away) and suggestions for activities in the city. Would definitely stay at the Bellagio again.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SamNSW

Reviewed 1 September 2012

I have stayedat the Bellagio on numerous occasions over the last 12 months. Whenever I am going to be in Chch for business I always request the Bellagio however it is quite often fully booked, if I am travelling at short notice, which is the only downside in my mind. Rooms are modern, clean and spacious and nicely decorated. No noise problems which I have found to be the case in other older properties. The Thai restaurant around the corner is verygood if you are looking for somewhere close by for dinner. Highly recommend the Bellagio, but make sure you book well in advance.

Room Tip: I've found all rooms to be quite similar.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
MACS77B, Owner at Bellano Motel Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2014

Thanks for your great comments. After a long closure for earthquake repairs it is wonderful to be open again and to welcome back our regular guests as well as new guests choosing Bellano

Reviewed 30 June 2012

My partner and I stayed at the Bellagio Motel recently and were blown away with it. It was such a relaxing place to spend a night away from the kids, I loved everything about my stay, I couldnt fault it at all. Will definatly recommend this to others and will be the first on my list of places to stay in CHCH in the future.

Room Tip: Room 1 = perfect! Lovely big spa
Reviewed 23 June 2012

My husband and I returned to the Bellagio a year after our last visit. We stayed in room 1 and 4. The motel is still a wonderful, modern accommodation with a great location. We were provided with great service by the reception as always - accommodating our 4am check-out. Thank you for the wonderful stay as always.

Reviewed 20 June 2012

All I can say is WOW. This play would have to be one of the most modern motels I have ever stayed in. Can't find anything wrong with it. We had a downstairs 1 bedroom. It was nice having a little courtyard to look out on and really enjoyed the huge bathroom and spa. Was great having sky in the room, kept us entertained. The free washing machine and dryer was nice.

Reviewed 1 June 2012

We booked this motel online from Australia for our very last night in NZ. We'd booked and paid for a studio room that had a king bed and single bed for our 3 year old. Imagine our joyous surprise when we found that yes it was a studio room for the king bed, but the single bed was in an entirely separate bedroom! The suite overall was beautifully modern, clean and had everything we could need. The bathroom was a highlight, my son and I enjoyed a long soak in the huge spa bath! The outdoor courtyard, while we didn't use it, was huge and wrapped around the whole side of the building. The lady in reception was very friendly and helpful, directed us to a great family restaurant and arranged a taxi for us when we were checking out. After 2 weeks in a campervan, this place was a very welcome stay! Location-wise, it was not too far to walk to the big park or to the main strips. Next time we're in the city, we will definitely be staying here!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank StellaBella77
Reviewed 27 March 2012

Stayed at the Bellagio during the Rugby World Cup, the staff were very helpful and the apartment was spotless and comfortable. The armchairs were especially great

Stayed: September 2011
MACS77B, Owner at Bellano Motel Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2012

Thanks so much for your comments. Our leather chairs and sofas are super comfortable and we often get great feedback about them. We are still well located to great restaurants and cafes and many new bars are popping up around us. Christchurch is still a great place to visit, pleased you enjoyed your time here.