“scary !!!”

Ranked #21 of 132 Christchurch B&B and Inns
Hong Kong, China
“scary !!!”
Reviewed 4 January 2012

was the shock we had during the night luckely ange and barry were there to protect us by their nice beautiful house and their kind attention
arrive and let them welcome you, feel immediatly confortable
the view is superbe they have 3 good size room with privacy
this is nice homy b&b, value for money is there
all the best angy and bsrry

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
St Annes
Reviewed 11 December 2011

It should be first in Christchurch. Barry and Angela are the kindest hosts imaginable; nothing was too much trouble. Superb. First class.

Room Tip: All superb.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 1 December 2011

I was fortunate enough to be able to stay here for 5 nights in November 2011. Usually my company would not even consider putting me in a place such as this due to budget constraints, however with the current accommodation situation in Christchurch there were not too many options.

Lucky for me this was the case. My hosts, Baz & Angie were most accommodating. I was met on arrival at the airport by Baz and taken back to the house. What an amazing place is all I can say. Beautifully decorated and furnished and I had yet to see the room.

Was offered drinks and food when I arrived even though it was after 9 pm in the evening. I was taken and shown my room as well as where I could get drinks etc as I required. The room was beautifully furnished and comfortable. Underfloor heating added to the whole experience.

Nothing for too much trouble for these guys at all. I was driven to and from the customer I was visiting each day by Baz and even taken on a tour of the city, or what was left of it on my last night.

Breakfast was to die for. Fresh fruit, pastries, yogurt, bacon, eggs, tomato, mushroom. A great start to the day! On return back after the days work, I was offered dinner with Baz and Angie as I had no car or mode of getting anywhere easily. Four beautiful dinners cooked by Angie as good as any restuarant you could care to eat at, in fact probably better than most.

I am most likely going to be back in NZ for work again early next year for 2 or 3 days, and have already mentioned to them that I would be bringing my wife and staying there, even if work wont pay the price. I personally will make up the difference to give my wife the experience that I was fortunate enough to have while staying there.

Nothing but praise for this property and the hosts. Unfortunately my next trip away, most likely to Asia again I will be back to typical hotel accommodation. Going to be hard to go back to a standard business type hotel after this experience.

If you are thinking about Dyers House - don't! Just go ahead and bok it if you can, before too many people find out about it and it becomes harder to get the time you so deserve here.

Room Tip: Any of the rooms you will love.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Hertfordshire UK
Reviewed 21 May 2010

Dyers House is situated on a hill with a lovely view overlooking Christchurch. The bedrooms are very attractive, extremely comfortable and have large en-suite bathrooms. However what really makes this a great place to stay is the wonderful hospitality of Barry & Angie the owners. They just cannot do enough for you and you really do feel as if you are staying with long-standing and valued friends. Barry rabn us into town to restaurants and to collect our hire car and he even met us at the train station when we returned later in the month. We joined them for drinks in the evening and facilities included tea & coffee making facilities and free WiFi

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
Yeovil, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 May 2010

Well what a great sart to our NZ adventure, 3 nights in Dyers House, Hosts Angie & Barry were simply great , could not do enough for us , including the washing ! , breakfast was to die for, the choices were smly spectacular , as was the location & overall comfort. Our room was spacious / comfortable, our bathroom was something else, absolutly brilliant , every extra you could imagine was available , this accomodation rally set the standard- top rate.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
Williamstown, Massachusetts
Reviewed 21 April 2010

Dyer's House is a beautiful B&B complete with luxurious bedrooms, great private bathrooms, but most importantly, super hosts. Angie and Barry have thought of everything to make their guests comfortable. Breakfasts are ample and delicious, and every request was met with good cheer and helpfulness. Angie and Barry are fonts of information about local and not so local areas, and were a great help in arranging for our transportation upon our departure.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with friends
Notts
Reviewed 29 March 2010

A very warm, clean and upmarket B&B. We were well looked after from food to wine. The breakfasts were the best we had in all of New Zealand, especially the fresh warm Croissants. Angie & Barry, even drop us of here and there with their car !

We would definately use Dyers house again, as we will return to NZ,

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple