“Modern Decor, Helpful Staff, Great Location!”

175 Metropolitan Executive Motel on Riccarton
Reviewed 4 March 2014

We were pleasantly surprised by the interior of our room which was a two bedroom suite. It was exceptionally clean, large enough to accommodate the four of us, had a small kitchenette and living room, and was modern in its décor. Check in was quick and efficient and the staff was very helpful in giving us advice about sites to see in the downtown area and things to do. The location was on a main road so it was easy to find and close enough to the airport for us to easily make an early morning flight. It was an excellent value for the price, if I ever return to Christchurch I would stay here again without hesitation.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank DesiGulliver

Reviewed 10 February 2014 via mobile

Stopped here for one night upon arrival in Christchurch. The King room was ready, impeccably clean and modern, and exceeded expectations. The small kitchen was well equipped, although we didn't use anything other than to make morning coffee. We will be returning for another night in a week after touring the South Island.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Allen L
Reviewed 6 February 2014

A very modern motel a few minutes walk from The Riccarton Mall and close to plenty of restaurants. Ten minutes walk to Riccarton Bush and 30 to Hagley Park
A good little kitchenette with modern equipment. The bed, furniture and decor are all very pleasant. There are tables and seats both outside front and back of the room. The motel was very quiet (we were in room 5 at the back). The owner was very friendly and we able to get an extension until 11am while I picked up my hire car. And to our relief the motel room door was open as arranged at 1am on our arrival from the airport.
My only gripe was the laundry room which was only available 2 until 8.30. I like to do laundry when I first wake up or late at night. Still you can't win them all. It is a pricey motel but I had a third off the price because of loyalty points through a supermarket chAin. Would It have been worth it to stay without the discount. Not sure?

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed 11 January 2014

We decided to hunt for a motel which offered free WiFi as we wanted to use it for planning our trip, so we chose this motel on the understanding from the manager that it was all up and working.
We soon found out that our internet connection did not work at all and so were unable to access it at all during our stay. I just presumed the was a problem with the internet provider as opposed to the actual motel.
When I spoke to the manager in the morning I advised him of the lack of wifi to which he informed me that he had disconnected it in our room the day before, even though we had specifically asked for it!
We felt very deceived and angry, as when you specify somthing and are promised it, you don't expect it to not materialise.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Holly B
175Metropolitan, Manager at 175 Metropolitan Executive Motel on Riccarton, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2014

Dear HollyB,
Thank you for your review, very unfortunate circumstances that assisted with this mishap! It was never our intention to deceive you or any quests purely a simple forgetful moment which happened on a very busy day. Let me explain… prior to your arrival I had organised to have the wireless internet placed on hold as the guest arriving after your departure was staying for a lengthy stay (6 weeks) and wanted to use their own equipment and internet service provider. Upon your arrival I didn’t give it a second thought that the line would be disconnected a day earlier than anticipated until your advice on the morning of departure. I too was puzzled and disappointed as this is the very first instance that we have had any issues with our Complimentary Internet as all our guests rave about the ease of use and speed! After talking with you upon departure I went to get a complimentary bottle of wine for the inconvenience only to just miss you! If I had know/remembered sooner I would have had this issue corrected within minutes.
Regards
Mike

Reviewed 6 January 2014

A nice motel, operated by a couple. The lady is welcoming, very willing to help, and has a lovely NZ accent. I arrived very late, because my flight had been delayed. Consequently, the motel office was closed, but they had left my room unlocked with instructions on its location. Windows are a little thin, so I could hear the cars in the road in the morning. Nothing serious - I slept very well.

I will certainly return for my next trip.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 December 2013

Apartment looks exactly like the photos, super clean and tidy rooms. Fully equipped kitchenette with laundry facility. 5 min walk to the Westfield shopping mall really made it very convenient. Our room's balcony is West-facing so can get pretty hot during the afternoon. Room doesn't seems to have an air-con but fans are provided.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank GKK_11
Reviewed 3 December 2013

If you're going to stay in Riccarton, stay here. Our room was very clean and the best thing was the bed, which looked exactly like the photos posted on their website. The beds also looked like they are from a 5-star hotel and was very nice to sleep in.

The motel is within walking distance from Riccarton Mall which makes it convenient to get anything or everything!

• Stayed: December 2013