“Everything we cou”

Lorenzo Motor Lodge
Ranked #30 of 146 Hotels in Christchurch
Reviewed 14 February 2012

Friendly helpful and knowledgeable hosts Mike and Mary. Complimentary passes to an exellent fitness centre across the road. Free WIFi in room. We loved this motel and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 6 February 2012

The Westfield shopping centre is around the corner, and lots of restaurants nearby, lots of thing is at your finger tips. The host Mary is just wonderful. She was simply the best host. When we arrived, she made us feel so welcomed, when we departed from there for the flights, she made us miss the hotel.

It really is a good place to stay. We will stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 February 2012

The Lorenzo is a clean,well-equipped motel. It's a short walk to shops and restaurants and stroll across Hagley park to the city centre, past the lovely botanical gardens. Our room was clean, comfortable and well furnished but it was on the ground floor with a large, rather open aspect so not as private as we would''ve liked. Mike and Mary, the hosts, were fantastic. Lovely place to stay

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 February 2012

It's hard to fault this wonderful accommodation at all. Mike was simply the best host and bent over backwards to help us out with a portacot and anything else that we needed at anytime of day. We even had to print out some things and they were kind enough to let us use their printer. The rooms were amazingly clean and furnished luxuriously. The beds were firm and wonderful to sleep on. The double spa bath was a blessing. With Westfield and so many restaurants near by, everything is at your finger tips. So it really is a great place to stay. The only negative comment I would have is that the day we were there, it was a bit hot and humid, and there was no a/c in the room. Mike gave us a fan which was great, but I was a bit surprised that there wasn't an a/c unit. I know Christchurch isn't the hottest city, so I wouldn't let that detract me from staying here again.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 January 2012

I have stayed at Lorenzo's four times in the past four years on my motorcycle travels through New Zealand. My last visit was before the last major earthquake in 2011 and I returned again in 2012 to see how things had changed. To my delight there wasn't a single sign of damage to the motel and little to the Riccarton area in Christchurch. My hosts Mike and Mary were their usual smiling, friendly selves and I was delighted to find that they had booked me into my favourite room .... room 8 without my asking. I spent three days with them and continue to find that Lorenzo's is one of the best motels in New Zealand. One thing that I like the best is that the owners have gone to considerable effort to ensure that high speed internet is available in every room. An added bonus is that Internet is free and works perfectly unlike many motels in NZ which charge upwards of $20 per day for internet that is spotty at best. When I travel I like to keep in touch with my children and family back in Canada and Lorenzo's is the only establishment that I can always use Skype for my calls reliably and trouble free. It is a small point but an example of what I continue to consider Lorenzo's to be the best motel in New Zealand. Mike and Mary always take care of the small points.

Room Tip: Room 12 is the most popular but room 8 is my favourite.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 January 2012

We stayed as an entire family booking 5 rooms at Lorenzo's when we stayed for my daughter's 21st. Mary and Mike were excellent hosts who made us all feel very welcome. As it was winter and we were out for the evening they offered to turn on our electric blankets and Mike provided a bucket of hot water the following morning to get the ice off the cars. The rooms were spotlessly clean and had everything we needed. We've tried to stay here again since on a couple of occassions but they have been booked out. If you are used to rural living you may hear the trains in the night but they weren't too much of a bother,

Room Tip: As to be on the back left hand side away from the railway line if you really can't handle a litt...
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 January 2012

Having read the reviews on here we chose to stay at the Lorenzo. I really cannot add anything more to other peoples comments. Everything people have written is a clear description and you won't be disappointed. Mike and Mary had just returned from holiday themselves when we arrived and this had no impact on the service and time they spent with us to ensure we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple