Rendezvous Hotel Christchurch
Travelocity
US$287
US$256
2,235 results
All reviewsregent streetcentral locationtram stationnice hotelroom servicecathedral squarerooms are smallpleasant staywithin walking distanceenjoyed my staynice roomnew zealandshort staywould stay againsouth islandcityearthquake
Reviewed 29 August 2014

I could not have been happier with the assistance from front desk, assisting with valet parking and providing an adaptor when I discovered ther was no in room wifi. But, I was shocked at how small the room was. Not so bad for a single traveller but if there had been two of us or more than a one night stay, I would have checked out. Bathroom was extremely narrow. However, everything was clean and well presented. Two other major disappointments - no in room wifi - apparently a problem post rebuild but i wonder why that was not a problem for Novotel in similar location? In room mini bar - Unfortunately, this is another example of a hotel that is greedy. A bottle of wine from the minibar $32, a small water $4.50. Given what a ghost town the cbd is at night, and as a lone female traveller, I did not feel inclined to search dark deserted streets for an alternative source. It baffles me why hotels are sooooo greedy with their mini bar service. They would get better turn over and happier guests and therefore better long term profitability if they were more reasonable. Not asking for supermarket pricing? But a realistic markup vs exploitation. One hotel that does this very well is skycity in Auckland. There a bottle of wine of equivalent standard is $20-$25. Still making a reasonable profit but giving a much better guest service vs fleecing them once in house. I doubt I would stay here again, last trio I stayed at Novotel & had free in room wifi and a decent room for a similar price.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 August 2014

Stayed 4 nights for business and to explore over the weekend. I arrived early in the day so understandably my room was not yet ready. So I enjoyed the warm, comfortable lobby lounge and bar with a good book and wi-fi to check emails. It's a great place to enjoy a glass of wine and people watch by the fireplace.

Arshdeep Singh on reception was extremely attentive and friendly. He loaned me a phone charger so I didn't have to open my suitcase, and kept an eye on me to check everything was okay and informed when my room was ready. I really appreciated that, because a large group traveling to Antarctica had their trip delayed due to bad weather and I watched how smoothly he and the other staff looked after the guests and their needs.

I attended a business lunch function in the hotel restaurant - the food was exceptional and the service also attentive - including an enthusiastic trainee, Crystal. I dined in couple of nights later with my mum and was impressed again - food was delicious and I scored the chocolate mousse a 10! :)

Staff were helpful throughout my visit, from providing general information on local attractions to swift room service, to arranging airport shuttle pick up. I also liked how all the staff from housekeeping to the night porter were warm and friendly and acknowledged their guests as they moved about the hotel.

I look forward to returning to once again enjoying the central location and warm hospitality at the Rendezvous.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 August 2014

My partner and I stayed at the Rendezvous Hotel in Christchurch on the first night of our holiday in New Zealand. The hotel was warm and welcoming. At reception they could not finding our booking but it was quickly taken care of and we got a free upgrade for the inconvenience... although it was not an inconvenience at all.

On the night of our stay the restaurant was fully booked for dinner which was disappointing. We decided to have room service instead. Our dinner was well cooked, tasty and served promptly. Overall we enjoyed our stay and would recommend it to our friends and family.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 August 2014

My partner and I stayed there last night and we both felt the Hotel provide great value a very comfortable room. And most importantly the staff namely Courtney who gave a fantastic first impression and will we go back ? Yes it's already booked

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JMiller57
bbwatts, General Manager at Rendezvous Hotel Christchurch, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2014

Hi

I'll be sure to let Courtney know that you appreciated her service. Courtney has only recently joined us and it’s always encouraging to see positive feedback for the team..

Have a great day

Brad Watts

Reviewed 23 August 2014

Stayed two different nights with a tour group in Aug 2014. I was shocked to find out that there is no in room wifi in this modern, 22 story hotel in the heart of Christchurch, South Island New Zealand's largest city. There is a broadband connector in each room, which was de rigeur for the latter 20th century, but that leaves 21st century smartphone and tablet users out in the cold. There is free wifi in the hotel lobby and business center, but you're out of luck if all you want to do is curl up in your room in your pajamas and read your email, peruse Facebook, or Skype with the family back home for a few minutes. Major, major fail Rendezvous - we had unlimited,in room wifi in our hotel in Franz Josef for $10NZ for heaven's sake. This major failing aside, the hotel is a typical, modern chain hotel that is generically pleasant.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Thankyou for taking the time to write. Your feedback is important to us and we are scheduled to upgrading our internet access to guest room on the 1st Dec, when we will be able to provider WiFi in all guest room which will be faster and FREE.

Kind regards