“The service was the worst i have ever come across”
Review of Poppy Thai

Poppy Thai
Ranked #660 of 978 Restaurants in Christchurch
Cuisines: Asian, Thai, Fast food
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Seating, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Seating, Wheelchair Accessible
Christchurch, New Zealand
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The service was the worst i have ever come across”
Reviewed 10 January 2013

The Poppy Thai is in west-fields mall in riccarton Christchurch new Zealand.

It does from the outset like okay . You cant ask for much being in a fast food court..

How wrong was I . The service was blunt very cold and they didn't care at all.

I had to wait for ages for a fast food . Other people who had ordered after me got theirs before myself . i do think they gave mine to another person by mistake.
after having too long i asked for my money back . The manager gave it back and was extremely rude and didn't care one bit that i had had issues.
The next day i rung to speak to the manager ,who swore at me .

never never go there. Funny thing was that while i waiting for my food i did notice that a lot of plates of Poppy Thai food had been left and only half eaten

very annoyed with the very very bad service

• Visited January 2013

Christchurch, New Zealand
“Poor location”
Reviewed 18 January 2012

Food OK, but location is terrible - OK for a quick snack but not suitable for evening dining. "Restaurant" is situated in very busy open plan shopping mall, so fine as long as you don't mind heaps of shoppers walking past or stopping to look at the food you are eating.

Sydney, Australia
“Need new waitress”
Reviewed 29 October 2010

The waitress gave us an expression of disgust only because we were traveling with a child....no wonder the restaurant was empty for most nights!!!!

Townville, South Carolina
“Bland”
Reviewed 24 February 2010

Very Fast inexpensive food, but very bland for Thai food. OK for kids I guess.

Wellington, New Zealand
“Tasty food, relaxed vibe”
Reviewed 3 January 2010

After walking around Christchurch for about 30 minutes desperately searching for something that wasn't a bar serving only pizza, pasta and platters (honestly, is it that hard to develop a vaguely original menu?) we settled on Poppy Thai as it looked like we might get an average Asian meal there. The food was better than we expected from appearances - my partner had beef with shaved turnip to start with, which was exquisite and a perfect summer dish. My winter rolls were tasty and minty. Both our mains were good - my satay chicken was a touch sweet but tasty and well seasoned. My partner's grilled fish with yellow curry was excellent. All dishes were well presented.

Service could have been better but we did visit over the Christmas/New Year period when service tends to slip at most New Zealand restaurants. The wine list was fairly long and reasonably priced; the beer list was quite short but had a good mix of local and imported beers.