“Best motorcycle holiday”

South Pacific Motorcycle Tours - Day Tours
Ranked #9 of 99 Tours in Christchurch
More attraction details
Owner description: Ride New Zealand - Live the Dream! Hire one of our 30+ meticulously maintained, latest model motorbikes and start your ride safely from our quiet country-side base near Christchurch, gateway to the glorious Southern Alps. Come to us for Rental Only, sensational GPS Self-Guided Tours, and fantastic Fully Guided Tours. Free transfers between our base and hotel/airport, great facilities, packing tables, gear, GPS, coffee on tap and lots of friendly smiles. We are all about top quality and attention to detail in everything we do. Agents in Auckland and Queenstown, Qualmark endorsed, Rental Service Licence, and working with NZ's tourism industry, we're totally dedicated to providing motorcycling visitors with the very best New Zealand has to offer - no compromise! Just look at our TripAdvisor reviews and you will see - we ARE the best around!
Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

Chose the 22 night 4/5 star package. We needed a couple of extra nights before and after we had the bikes. Spmt booked these for us aswell. everywhere we stopped was perfect . The bikes were in as new condition. They provided us with a sat nav each and both direct routes and scenic routes were programed in so it made it so much easier to find our way. Everything worked out perfect. They kept in touch with us to make sure all was ok. I can honestly say it was the best motorcycling holiday I've had. Nothing was to much for the Spmt guys. I definitely doing it again.

Reviewed 19 March 2014

Myself and three mates recently hired some adventure bikes from South Pacific Motorcycle Tours and what a wonderful time we had. The staff were very accommodating and professional, we were picked up from our motel and taken to their depot were the bike were lined up, prepared and ready to go. Over the next three thousand Kilometers through awesome scenery and over some of the best motorcycling passes the bikes ran perfectly and we benefited greatly from their free advice prior to setting off on our journey.

I have no hesitation recommending the guys (and girls) from South Pacific.

Reviewed 17 March 2014

SPMT. What can I say!!!The organisation and dedication by Mike and Carole are top class. The bikes and equipment (GPS) were perfect, making the South island seven day ride experience unforgettable. From day 1 we were made to feel welcome and confident in our itinerary, accommodation and bikes. The bikes were late model Triumphs and BMWs with low kms and fitted with panniers. These bikes had been scrupulously maintained and never let us down on the ride around the South Island. The programmed GPS and the provided local maps made the 7 days a breeze. Would we use SPMT again?? Yes we would without hesitation. We will return to the Land of the Long Single Lane Bridge.

1  Thank Lester M
Reviewed 12 March 2014

It was just too easy! All the staff are so friendly and helpful. No fuss communications and support. An extra rider on late notice and still no problem. Even received a courtesy call on tour just to make sure we hadn't missed the fine weather forecasted for our proposed route. Bikes were excellent and hard to surrender after a glorious week on the Sth Island. Thank you Mike and Carol for a perfect adventure!

Reviewed 11 March 2014

If I had to describe South Pacific Motorcycle Tours in one word the word would probably be either awesome or perfect.

Allright, it was the first motorbike rental of my life so I don´t have any experiences to compare with. Still I can´t really come up with anything that could have been done better.

I was travelling in Oceania in November 2013 and the idea of renting a motorbike just came to my mind. I got my motorbike licence only two years ago and I´m not the tallest girl so I was feeling a bit insecure about the whole idea of renting a motorbike in New Zealand. We exchanged various emails with South Pacific and they were giving me lots of information and advices on selection of the bike, the route etc. All the answers were extremely informative and welcoming, so I decided to rent a BMW GS 650 with lowered seat. I also rent full gear (helmet, pants, jacket, boots, gloves) since all my motorbike gear was in Finland.

The pick up from the airport was very punctual and the selection of the gear was very smooth. They have a wide selection of motorbike gear and bikes as well. Everything is very well maintaned and you can definitely feel that Mike and Carole are doing the business with their hearts.

I rent the bike for 48 hours (Tuesday 2pm - Thursday 2pm) and before departuring we went throuhg my planned route with Mike and Carole. I felt that they really cared about their customers, bikes and the overall riding experience. I also had the feeling that if I should face any problems on road I could contact South Pacific Motorcycle Tours and they would help me out.

New Zealand is an optimal place to ride a bike anyways cos the traffic is very light, the ever-winding roads are generally in good conditions and the landscape is breathtaking. The weather might be a bit hidious but with proper gear it shouldnt be a problem.

To anyone who is planning or dreaming on renting a motorbike in New Zealand I can only say DO IT! And totally recommend renting the bike from South Pacific Motorcycle Tours cos you can rely on them 100%. Nuf said.

1  Thank Jenna P
nzmotorbiketours, Owner at South Pacific Motorcycle Tours - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

WOW! We could not ask for a better Review, especially coming from a female motorcyclist - this can only help other single women or lady riders thinking of taking the plunge and doing The Ride. Thank you so much.