“Slow service”

Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Christchurch, New Zealand
“Slow service”
Reviewed 23 February 2014

I was in a group of about ten when we dined at Keo Thai. All of us were accosted at the entrance as we arrived, and rudely told that if we didn't have a booking, we couldn't dine there. We had booked, so we were allowed in. The restaurant was packed and very noisy.

We ordered several plates of food (to share as a table) at 7.40pm, and the food arrived at 8.50pm. In the meantime, we had to ask where our drinks were twice before they were finally brought to the table. I had to leave shortly after 9pm so I ate very quickly, and was only able to try one dish because the rest hadn't come out by the time I left. The beef dish I ate was delicious though. I did feel that it was expensive for what it was.

• Visited July 2013

• Hebrew first
Newcastle UK
“No booking, extremely busy but...”
Reviewed 22 February 2014 via mobile

......the owner found us a table, he said if you don't mind sitting on my table your welcome to join me.

I'm pleased we did, 1st class food and one of the best jungle curries I've ever had - top notch!

Melbourne, Australia
“Dinner and a show.”
Reviewed 22 January 2014

I went back to keo thai last tuesday night with a small group of friends. It's a shame the food and service was good because I won't be returning. We were just about to settle the bill when the waitress who served us was called a "little b**ch" (among other things) by an asian man who appeared to be the owner. All this in front of a restaurant full of people. As a small business owner myself I find this beyond appalling. Shame on keo thai for treating their staff like this. I sincerely hope that the waitress takes some sort of action against her employers. The people who compared the management to that of a third world country were right.

• Visited January 2014
2 Thank Maria C
Ottawa, Canada
“Excellent Thai at a reasonable price”
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Had three dishes between three people and everyone had plenty to eat. All very tasty. A green curry, chick pad thai and chicken satay. None were too hot.

• Visited January 2014
Penrith, Australia
“Some of the best Thai food”
Reviewed 13 January 2014

We recently dined at Keo Thai and found the experience terrific. Although busy and we had not made a booking a table was found for us in the courtyard. The food served was delicious and flavoursome and the service was good. The only disappointment was the smoke coming from very strong cigarettes at a neighbouring table. If I were to return I would reserve a table inside.

Visited January 2014