City Centre Motel
US$116
US$145
US$124
Hotels.com
Airport Gateway Motor Lodge(Christchurch)(Great Value!)
US$86
Airport Palms Motel(Christchurch)
US$119
US$107
All reviewscolombo streetroom was cleanfree wifioff street parkingsouth islandstudio apartmentelectric blanketsthe ground floorshower headplace to stayquiet locationvisiting christchurchnice staybotanic gardenshagley parkmotelearthquake
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 May 2014

I stay in this motel very often when on business trips to Christchurch and never have been disappointed with the quality of the service, quietness and tidiness of this place. The place offers very good value for not very high rates and the loaction is very central with easy walking distance to the center of the city, as the name suggests.

Andrzej S

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 May 2014

As a solo-traveller, I stayed in Christchurch two times. And I stayed in two motels in
Christchurch. This motel was a better choice. This motel is about 15 minutes walk to the
inter-city bus stop. The way to get there is easier. (The center of Christchurch is still
a construction site and many roads are blocked.) The location of the motel is good.
There are four restaurants and a supermarket a few blocks away (10 minutes walk).
The botanical garden and shopping center are within walking distance (15 minutes walk).
The room was clean and quiet, and the bed was comfortable. The owners of the motel
were helpful. They offered road intructions as how to go to the Antarctic Centre (they gave
me a coupon of NZD5.00 for purchasing the ticket at the Antarctic Centre) and
helped me book the shuttle bus to go to the airport. They even gave me some advice
on Nelson when they learned I was going there! I would stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Stayed here during April for 2 nights then another 3, changing a booking from another hotel after realising how nice this one was. Manager and staff were lovely, pleasant, helpful. Rooms spotless, lovely clean bathrooms and linen. Would highly recommend and would stay there again.

Room Tip: We chose a ground floor unit for ease of carrying bags up stairs.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 April 2014

We recently stayed at your Motel while attending a family wedding. We found your rooms and service of a high standard. The rooms were clean and tidy and we had a very comfortable stay. We found the staff lovely to deal with and when a family member accidently left something behind they phoned and organised to return it which was fantastic and honest. I would HIGHLY recommend this establishment again and hope to return soon.

Room Tip: If you want a spa bath option choose downstair rooms. For shower boxes choose upstairs.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 April 2014

I picked this motel for a post-campervan shower and comfy night's sleep and we weren't disappointed. My booking (via booking.com) went slightly wrong but the owners responded immediately to my email and got it all sorted. I chose the location because I had thought it was a nice area - pre-quake. To be honest, Christchurch was a bit of a shock, and we really struggled to find somewhere to eat. We snuck into an Italian a couple of blocks towards the CBD in the end, but a week later discovered the Edgeware Rd area which is an easy walk from here. The guy who greeted us and was working there the whole time we stayed could not have been more helpful. We wanted to book another night for our return to Christchurch but they were full so he phoned around and found us a very suitable alternative without being asked to do that. The apartment was clean and pleasant, and the beds comfy and the motel had good facilities with a laundry etc. I would definitely stay there again. It's not cheap, but Christchurch is expensive these days, and I feel it was good value for money.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family