“Lovely large room” 4 of 5 bubbles

Alpha Motel Luxury Apartments
Nelson, New Zealand
“Lovely large room”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

I only stayed here the one night but it was a pleasant stay. I had a 1 bedroom unit and it had everything i needed to make a great stay. The only thing it did not have was a tv in the bedroom, but the tv in the lounge was huge. 2 burner, microwave, toaster etc, enough to cook the basics. The size of the apartment impressed me the most, really felt you could relax, the leather lounge suite was very comfortable, and the best was just like mine at home, not to hard and not too soft. Furnishings were lovely, very inviting and great curtains kept all the light out.

Nice additional details like a lovely soft blanket on the bed, The shower was good, and a nice spa bath as well. The bathroom itself was a lovely size, much larger than most motels.

Check in was easy and very quick.

Location is ok as long as you have a car, Blenheim road is a very busy road, and there are not really any restaurants or eating places in walking distance i think. As the units are at the back of the property (and designed well) there was very little noise.

It was late when i got in but i could not find electric blankets.

Nice table for working on which is very important when away for work. Internet was fast and reliable, cost extra.
I thought value for money was very good, I have stayed in numerous places in Chch and this one would certainly be my choice for space and comfort. If it just had a gym or access to a gym then it would tick all my boxes

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Gold Coast, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

We stayed in 3 bedroom apartment. Very comfortable. Full sized fridge. Spacious. Quiet. One thing that would have made it more user friendly would have been a second bathroom. Lovely and clean, on main road but noise wasn't a problem.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Hamilton, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed here over New Year and were really impressed with the quality of the rooms (brand new and top quality fittings), the cleanliness (spotless) and the helpfulness of the staff (they squeezed us in for an extra night when our plans changed and looked after something I'd left in the room). We'll use them again next time we are in Christchurch.

Stayed January 2014
Wellington, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2013

This is a modern new Motel. It is quite small (looks like a large modern house from the road) so it feels a lot homelier, not noisy. Rooms are more like apartments. They are clean, large and modern. I was in a single bedroom, with separate lounge. My colleague was in a 3 bedroom apartment.....fantastic - full kitchen, with huge dining and lounge area and only $40 more per night. Leather lounge and dining suites, huge TV, and at excellent value (in a town where it seems some other motels/hotels are charging more than the facility is really worth). It could be quite noisy being on a busy main road, but I was in a back room, so it was ok.

Room Tip: At the back/down the side (further from the road)
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank KrisBB
Wellington, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2013

Room was very quiet, clean and had everything we needed. All appliances/tv were modern and was a very comfortable 2 nights here. Only thing was water pressure in shower was a little lower than I like otherwise awesome

Room Tip: I stayed in room 9 the 2 bedroom apartment.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank TravelGuyWgtn
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2013 via mobile

Had a lovely stay thanks Charlie , although we were only there for a couple of nights your hospitality was very much appreciated. Business trips are always a pain. The rooms were all we needed and the location was ideal and easily accessible thanks again.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Colinglenwood
Auckland Region, New Zealand
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2013

My mother and I stayed here for one night before we headed down south. I booked and paid through Air NZ and the person at the counter did not know what was happening and asked me to pay, I gave the voucher and said it has already been paid. He said that that this is his friends place and he was helping out - english was a secound language so I am not sure if he understood what I was saying. We booked a spa room, but only 1 bed and I asked him to check as we booked a twin with a Spa. He never came back to confirm so we had to share a bed. I am shocked that the council had signed this place off - when you went to turn the light on the spa bath went on, the button on the spa was a hazard and has not sealed and also no plug either. This is the only reason I chose this place was to have a spa but I did not fancy frying myself. I did not sleep well either as it is located in an industrial area with lots of trucks and business/factories and is miles from any food places and the dryer/washing machine was going until 11.30pm. The next morning yet another person was at the office and asked if I could pay and AGAIN I said that I had already paid - GGrrrr,was glad to get away.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family