“Woohoohoo!!! :-)”

Ranked #34 of 91 Tours in Christchurch
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Woohoohoo!!! :-)”
Reviewed 7 September 2011

What an amazing way to spend Sunday morning in Christchurch CBD & Hagley Park. Graeme you were a terrific teacher & guide. Thanks heaps - I'll be back. The video you took was fantastic - and has made my friends very jealous! I shall bring them next time. :-)

Visited September 2011

Christchurch, New Zealand
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Segway to see the city!”
Reviewed 30 August 2011

I did a one hour session on a Segway booked through Grabone.com. Graeme, the owner, took me out, gave me a comprehensive tuition session and then took me around the city showing me some of the historic buildings of Christchurch and giving me lots of interesting information about them and the recent earthquakes. I had a wonderful time, learnt a lot, fully enjoyed the experience and didn't want it to stop. Graeme was very accomodating to the fact that I had limited time and was traveling alone, making sure I had the opportunity to make the most of my voucher. I would highly recomend this unique experience to anyone visiting Christchurch and would like to say a massive thank you to Graeme for a lovely afternoon!

Visited August 2011
1 Thank Tracey F
Brisbane
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Fantastic way to see Christchurch, with a fantastic guide!”
Reviewed 7 February 2011

I have previously done a Segway tour of Paris, so it may have been a bit much to expect more from this tour, but Graeme the friendly tour guide outdid the Paris tour! The tour started in a park in the city centre where Graeme was a very patient teacher. Segway's are easy to use and extremely intuitive. I can guarantee just about anyone can ride one given a few minutes training.
The tour I was on was a nice small group of 5 people which made it very intimate, and gave us plenty of opportunities to ask questions. Graeme was a Christchurch local, and was very knowledgeable.
We then went out of the CBD into the suburbs, through some beautiful parks and spectacular gardens. There was plenty of opportunities to take photos, and Graeme helped out with a few group shots.
I was incredibly impressed with the whole tour, Graeme as our guide, and the bargain price! I can't recommend this highly tour highly enough. My only warning is that after you ride a Segway, you'll want to buy one!

christchurch
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Awesome fun on 2 wheels”
Reviewed 31 January 2011

We are from Christchurch and were given a 1 hour Segway Experience voucher as a Christmas present. We didn't really know what to expect and were blown away by how much fun it was! Graeme (the guide) was professional, friendly, humorous and very knowledgeable. It started with a demo on how to ride and we were given plenty of time to practice (the practice doesn't cut into your actual tour time). Even though we have lived in Christchurch our whole lives, we learnt lots and found it very interesting. I found riding the Segway quite tricky at first but once I had the hang of it and had built up my confidence (which took about 5 mins of just playing around with it) I was zooming along. Graeme was great at teaching us how to ride and how to go over bumps etc. Take your camera and a jersey! We thoroughly enjoyed our Segway Experience

Tailem Bend
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Great way to see Christchurch”
Reviewed 28 January 2011

Had a few hours spare before catching our flight back home, so we decided to see Christchurch on a Segway - what a hoot. We saw some wonderful sites, beautiful gardens and learnt a lot about Christchurch along with way. Thoroughly recommend it!