“A great day on the Segways!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Urban Wheels

Urban Wheels
Ranked #33 of 89 Tours in Christchurch
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A great day on the Segways!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

My wife booked us both on a Segway tour with Urban Wheels (CHCH Segway tours).
When this was booked like most men, I thought I could think of better ways of spending my time, well let me tell you I was so wrong!!!!
This was absolutely amazing, and I enjoyed every minute if it.
Our tour guide and teacher made learning fun and his knowledge of CHCH was great.
I would recommend this tour to anyone of any age, I guarantee you will have a great time, thank you!! Craig & Camilla

Christchurch, New Zealand
“Graeme's Segway Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2014

This was a stunning fulfillment of something I had wanted to do for a while - and it was fabulous. For my wife and I in our 70s down to our grandchild at 15 we all had a ball. Graeme's instruction was excellent - clear, precise and thorough. We all felt very much at home after the instruction and the tour around Mona Vale, Riccarton Bush, the Boys' and Girls' High Schools and past the Arts Centre - was brilliant. Thoroughly recommend to anyone. Two hours unstinting hours of great adventure. Thanks so much Graeme - Regards, Ross

Visited January 2014
Auckland
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Exceeded my Expectations”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2013

This trip was the highlight of our stay in Christchurch, such a cool way to spend a sunny day in Hagley Park. Graham the operator was exceptional and very professional.
Thanks for making our trip an occasion to want to return and repeat this attraction.
Cheers Rex & Sharon.

Visited August 2013
North of England
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 92 helpful votes
“Head over heels with Urban Wheels”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2013

It's hard to put into words how much I enjoyed this tour. I've done solo Parachute jumps, Shotover & Quads in Queenstown & dune buggies in Dubai desert, but this 2 hour jaunt was right up there. We chose the Combo tour which took in the CBD to take in the rebuilding in the CBD. After a few minutes getting used to the Segway, I soon got the hang of it so was able to really enjoy the whole experience under Graeme's expert guidance. The tour was informative, educational and most of all bundles of fun. If you want to try out a different way of seeing Christchurch, this tour will definitely be for you.

Visited June 2013
Minneapolis
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Great way to see Christchurch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2013

Graeme’s Segway tour is absolutely the best and most fun way to see Christchurch. We arrived in Akoroa via a Holland America cruise ship. We had made plans with Graham when booking to meet us at the Canterbury Museum/Visitor Center as that was where the Holland America bus was to drop us off. As it turned out, the description on the Holland America website was not accurate and they didn’t take us right into Christchurch in 90 minutes, but made 2 stops prior to that. We got off at the first stop in Mona Vale and luckily found some garden personnel who 1) made a phone call to Graeme for us to tell him that we would be late, and 2) very graciously offered to drive us across the gardens to our destination in Christchurch. This just highlights what great people the Kiwis are!!!! When we got to Christchurch, Graeme was waiting for us. We had ridden Segways before, but needed a little practice, so he refreshed our driving skills and off we went. He took us all over Christchurch, including the Red Zone, the new Container Mall area, Mona Vale and Botanic Gardens, Riccarton House and Dean’s Cottage, Christchurch Fern Garden, the Rose Garden, and through some lovely neighborhoods. He was very knowledgeable, very informative, and very friendly. He even extended the length of our tour so we could get the whole thing in. This was definitely one of our best tours in New Zealand, and we would highly recommend it. Note: Graeme can only take 4 people at a time, so you need to book well ahead of time with him.

Visited February 2013