“The Merivale Motel that doesn't charge like one.”

Merivale Court Motel
Merivale Court Motel
Ranked #126 of 146 Hotels in Christchurch
Reviewed 25 July 2014

As I was looking for accommodation close city plus my work.This motel was perfect location for me. The room I got was tidy and good value for the price I paid. Beds were very comfortable. Any problems/queries I had were sorted out quickly and with a smile on her face. It is an older property and could maybe do with a few touch ups, however, this would probably lift up the price and then I would not of been able to afford it.
Kitchen could of done with a hob for cooking. On the whole, really pleased with my stay.
I plan to make it my base for when I visit Ch.Ch on business. The place is a few minutes away from everything which is very convenient.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 13 July 2014

We stayed here just overnight before flying out the next morning. Room was very clean. The bathroom and kitchen were dated but functional and in good repair. Our one bed apartment had a good size living area. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Beds were very comfortable. Heating system also worked well. However not a fan of the watersaving shower - no bath either.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 July 2014

We just spent a night on this motel. It was old, but still okay. Kitchen has microwave, electric kettle, coffee plunger, plates, glasses, and utensils. There's also espresso for the plunger, plus instant coffee, tea, and chocolate.

We're supposed to have a queen sized bed, but I think that was just a double. They have an electronic blanket and heater since it's winter. There's plenty of towels and soaps were provided.

We got free wifi but with a 250mb limit. However, you have to ask for it though.

The place is a few minutes away from everything which is very convenient.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MAngelUy
Reviewed 23 May 2014

We had a studio room, which was small, but clean enough and in our price range. We wanted to do some laundry and the owner wasn't that helpful. She ended up doing it for us, and charged us $8. Also there is NO free wifi, not even 100MB - it's all through Zenbu - which I find a bit tight in this day and age. We decided to stay elsewhere on our next visit stop in Christchurch.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Stayed here one night. Staff were very friendly and helpful, offering advice on local food, and helping to plan the best route to our destination the next day. Room was clean and comfortable, with table, chairs, plates and cutlery provided. Good value, would recommend.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Monique4444
Reviewed 22 January 2014

We stayed at the Merivale Court late in Jan, and love the room. We were in a family suite and it was perfect for my family of four. The rooms are very clean and have newer flooring and really comfortable beds, and is in a great location close to the city centre.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Susan H
Reviewed 11 November 2013 via mobile

Although it is very close to everything,the unit we stayed in upstairs was old and in need of a touch up.the owner very pleasant and friendly on arrival.but one tip,dont leave ur bread out on bench as the owner got quite cranky with my husband as it attracts ants.should of had a sign there so we would of known.

• Stayed: November 2013