“Amazing weekend break” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Stuart Manor Boutique Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Christchurch
Stuart Manor Boutique Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #33 of 139 Christchurch B&B and Inns
Brightwater
“Amazing weekend break”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2011

By sheer chance I ended up at Stuart Manor (a referral from a motel that was fully booked put me on to John and Kim), this is when fate intervens and its the best thing that happens!!!!!!!! From the first moment I arrived in Christchurch everyone working at Stuart Manor made my stay enjoyable, entertaining, relaxing, they made me feel so welcome and went out of their way to ensure I had a memorable and fantastic weekend....Big thank you to Ray, Jan, John and Kim. The food was DEVINE, the company fantastic, I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and it was the BEST $169 I have ever spent on accomodation. Thanks so much, I will DEFINITELY be back :) Tarnz xx

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2011

Amazing facilities, Amazing food, Amazing hosts! What else can I say? If you're in Christchurch, stay at the Stuart Manor! Seriously!

Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2011

The house is beautiful, John is a gem, the food was wonderful, the wine was aplenty, and we slept soundly. John and Kim offered to drive us at 4:30am to our hot air balloon ride pickup spot, which is over and above what they needed to do. The ride got cancelled, but the offer was still greatly appreciated. I would highly recommend Stuart Manor!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Akorora Room which was very nice. The bathroom was wonderful.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Christchurch, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2011

I was treated to a suprise Birthday Present with a night at Stuart Manor. Many thanks to John & Kim for making our stay very special. Your hospitality and service was excellent along with John's culinary skills from the nibbles with a drink at night to the beautiful breakfast in the morning. The location of this beautiful B & B in Templeton is very handy to Christchurch or close for rural people just wanting a special break away. Angela & James

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AngelaP2011_11
Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2011

I recently spent 2 nights at Stuart Manor with another 5 friends. It was my first B&B experience and I couldn't believe it, it was actually more than a B&B! Friendly hosts, incredible yummy meals (hotel standard prepared by John), cozy fire place, comfortable bedrooms and clean nice bathrooms.

I will definitely introduce you to my friends and those of you reading this writeup. Thanks, John & Kim!!!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2011

We rarely stay at B&Bs, but decided to stay here before picking up our campervan for a south island tour. I can't express enough how lucky we were to stay here. We arrived in CHC airport during one of the worst snowstorms in 50 years (it snowed in Auckland which is apparently rare), and were picked up by Kim at the airport without any delays. Once we got inside the manor, we were stunned by the appearance of the place. The detail of the halls and rooms is incredible, and the fire room proved to be a great hangout for the next few days.

Because of the significance of the storm, we were forced to stay extra nights at the lodge, and didn't complain at all about having to continue our stay. John is a fantastic chef. After the breakfast and nibbles, we elected to have the optional dinner one night, and it was excellent. The seemingly endless amount of 'flat white' coffees was also very welcome.

I will say one downside to our stay is that the bathroom was pretty chilly, which wasn't surprising considering the size of the windows, and the fact that it was during a massive snowstorm. The water was hot though, and they have towel heaters, so it wasn't too bad. Another downside is that it is out in the countryside of Christchurch, so I'd probably recommend getting a rental car if you're going to stay a while.

If we're back in Christchurch in the future, I'd gladly pay double to stay here again. I would consider this to be a benchmark luxury B&B that others should be judged by. In terms of quality I can only compare it to the Broadmoor resort in Colorado Springs, CO, which is the only place as nice that we've stayed.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tony A
Cairns, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2011

Hi Kim & John,

Richard and I wanted to write to let you know how much enjoyed staying at your B&B on our recent trip to New Zealand.

Under the recommendation of our new friends Neil and Maryanne who we met during our stay at Temple Basin (snowboarding), we decided to join them on their return visit to your B&B. Neil and Maryanne couldn't speak highly enough of your beautiful house and hospitality and it seemed nowhere else could be any better than your accommodations. They showed us your website and the pictures of the rooms you have several times.

Upon our arrival, it was obvious that your house was as beautiful as the photos displayed on your website...maybe even better in person. The polished timber floors, the furniture and decor were gorgeous. Such large bathrooms and comfy beds made our stay very enjoyable.

We were surprised to receive drinks and nibbles on the evening of our arrival. Surprised but very grateful. The food was wonderful, John (I would assume that was John's doing) and the wine, a great accompaniment.

We truly appreciated you dropping us off to pick up our hire car, the cups of tea and coffee at any time of the day,letting us hang about until it was time for us to depart, the very late breakfast that was more like lunch because of our long sleep ins and of course your great company. We really can't express just how much we loved your hospitality and your B&B.

After speaking with you both, it is clear that you would accept nothing short of perfect for your B&B. It is within your nature to offer such kind hospitality and this will ensure the success of your business.

We look forward to staying with you again when next we visit Christchurch. We do hope this will be soon. When we were on the plane back to Australia, Richard was already asking if we could book flights back. We have only just begun to see New Zealand's beauty and we would like to see more. We just didn't have enough time on this trip.

Well, we hope that you are both in good health and we look forward to the next time we meet.

Kind regards,

Tricia Marano & Richard Reynolds.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple