“Clean accommodation+great family=enjoyable stay!”

Airport Guesthouse Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #9 of 134 Christchurch B&B and Inns
Lakeland, Florida
“Clean accommodation+great family=enjoyable stay!”
Reviewed 16 June 2012

My sister and I were scheduled to fly back to Los Angeles the day of the massive snow storm in Christchurch. We had been waiting at the airport for hours as we listened to flight after flight get canceled. After about 4 hours it was declared that all flights that day would be canceled and that the airport would be closing down for the remainder of the day. Fortunately there was still one more room left at the Airport Guesthouse and it was the best stroke of luck we had all day. Alan came and picked us up, and Deb welcomed us with delicious scones and coffee. It was just what we needed. We spent two nights there, and enjoyed the kind family, cute dog (Izzy) and kitten (Dilmah), clean house and bedroom (with electric blankets :D) and floor heating which is perfect in the winter. I would highly recommend the Airport Guesthouse to anyone! Thanks Deb and Alan for the wonderful stay!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Laura T
Deb283, Owner at Airport Guesthouse Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 20 February 2016
Thank you for taking the time to post a review for us.
If my kids were in your situation I hope that they would be treated the same as we treated you - come again one day.
Deb

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
San Diego, California
Reviewed 28 February 2012

Deb & Alan were very friendly, welcoming and accommodating! Their kids blended in very easily too. I had to do an early check-in and a late check-out. They provide transportation to and from airport. There is a bus stop a few houses down. The location is great, it is just minutes from the airport but one wouldn't know as there is no takeoff noise. It is close to a park and a shopping center. If you drive on Harewood you will find the shopping center within few minutes. If you drive a little further to Papanui then you will find many restaurants with various cuisines. The neighborhood is quiet. The house is great. I needed a voltage converter and they let me borrow theirs for my entire trip of two weeks, even though I stayed there for only two nights! We had nice conversations. I enjoyed my stay and the time I spent with them! I wholeheartedly recommend it!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank kishores
It was easy to make you welcome - thank you for writing this review - it all helps other travellers.
Come again one day.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 February 2012

I only stayed one night but I was pleased I chose here. Alan, the friendly owner, went out of his way to pick me up from Christchurch and then got up to take me to the airport (5-10 mins away) for 4am - and that's included in the price too.
The accommodation itself is within the family home but distinct. I paid for a single room but got upgraded to a twin which was bright and clean. A separate modern bathroom had all you could want. I was also able to use their computer and free internet.
I didn't need breakfast so couldn't comment on that but I had a peaceful night's slepp and all in all I was very pleased to have stayed there and felt well looked after.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Emma S
Thank you Emma for taking the time to write a review for us.
It was a pleasure to have you stay.
Unfortunately we now charge for airport pick ups and drop offs as the Airport Authority charge us.
Come again one day.
Stafford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 August 2011

I had an amazing 3 night stay at the Airport Guesthouse. After the recent earthquakes I did wonder whether I should cancel my stay in Christchurch but I am so glad I didn’t. The guesthouse is on the outskirts of Christchurch and has suffered no damage. It is conveniently located close to Christchurch airport and a nice shopping centre. There is also a pleasant garden centre and New Zealand clothing outlet just a short walk away. Alan and Deb made me feel very welcome, the bedroom and bathroom were very attractive. They include free pick-up/drop-off from the airport and a wonderful continental breakfast. The house has a pretty garden overlooking open fields. There is also a nice park across the road where I was able to walk their well behaved chocolate Labrador – Izzy. I was travelling on my own but Deb and Alan made me feel part of their family. I would strongly recommend the Airport Guesthouse for a welcoming stay in Christchurch.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
4 Thank Hatton
Deb283, Owner at Airport Guesthouse Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 19 June 2013
Pleasure to have you in our home - please come back.