“Luxury Refuge”

Airport Guesthouse Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #9 of 134 Christchurch B&B and Inns
Reviewed 28 November 2013

I had to find accommodation in Christchurch for 2 months for EQC repair . ... I just expected basic accommodation for 2 months but found the Airport Guest House was a home away from home combined with all the extras associated with an Expensive Hotel ..beautifully appointed rooms with TV and DVD in each ..fresh fluffy towels each day and a Continental breakfast including fresh croissants ..a choice of cereals ..fruit and Plunger coffee .
The Hosts and their family are skilled in the art of the warm Welcome ..how can we help ...and here if you need us . AND they really meant it. I had transport if I needed it ..company if I needed it and space if I needed it ... I was sad when it was time to move out .

Room Tip: Loved the double at the Front ..so close to ther Park and Bus stop
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Deb283, Owner at Airport Guesthouse Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2015

Hi
Thank you so very much for your positive review.
Having people like yourself stay makes it all worth while.

There are newer reviews for Airport Guesthouse Bed & Breakfast

Reviewed 26 November 2013

When we arrived we were greeted by a girl who said she didn't know anything about the guesthouse, she then left and the owners son said this was the correct place, but he didn't know about our booking, even though we had booked and paid in advance. He had to ring his parents who were out drinking.

We were escorted to the room which was small and very close to the main road. It was fine, but probably the worst room we have stayed in on our South island trip. I was also not informed that the room did not come with an en-suite. We would have to share, which was quite inconvenient.

The most disappointing experience was the bathroom which had lots of hairs scattered about and dust balls. I don't think it had been cleaned in a while and it made me feel quite sick. We didn't hear anything from the owners until the next morning as they had been out all night, so we were not sure when he had to wake up for breakfast. This was inconvenient as we had a flight the next morning.

The breakfast consisted of children's cereal in boxes, and some croissants. We left promptly to make sure this stay did not ruin our trip.

I would not recommend this accommodation, and I have never said that before on trip advisor.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Airportguesthouse, Owner at Airport Guesthouse Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

We opened our family home as a BnB/Guesthouse 4yrs ago & have to say of the 17 reviews received to date this is the first negative one.

We would like to respond to the comments made -

* the girl that answered the door is a friend of our daughter & is very shy & does not know about our Guesthouse but yes we will take this comment on board & teach the children the correct etiquette for meeting & greeting guests in the future.

* we do apologise for not being at home to greet you both - however, we were supporting friends that had just received bad news (not out drinking) and forgot to tell the children- we returned at 2230hrs to find the bedroom lights out. Not wishing to disturb you decided to see you in the morning. I had called back to ask our son to knock on your door to see what time you wished to have breakfast but he said you had gone out.

* our rooms are of average size - the double room you had - is one of the roomier rooms (please refer to our photo montage on our website). We pride ourselves on cleanliness but have to say it is a family home & at times the bathroom is used by the children (hair scattered) - we will remind them this is for guests use ONLY. As for the 'dust balls' - I am still trying to find these.

* ensuite - our website clearly states GUEST SHARE BATHROOM.

* breakfast - we have in the past only received positive comments about our CONTINENTAL
BREAKFAST we provide (complimentary), which consists of fruit & cereal, fresh warm croissants with
homemade raspberry jam & Tea/Coffee. The boxes of cereal are used for health reasons (as they have expiry date on them & are more hygienic than putting out larger containers of cereal). There was a basket of these cereals, about one doz mixed packets, so more than one could have been consumed - guests often do this.

I am a qualified Nurse & health, safety & hygiene are of upmost importance to myself & Alan. As part of my nursing I am a representative for my ward on the Infection Control Committee - so trust me when I say we keep a clean, tidy, hygienic establishment.

We are sorry you found our Guesthouse did not meet your requirements. We are also disappointed that the following morning you did not raise any of this while you were here in our Guesthouse.

Deb, Alan, Luke, Riley & Lydia Jackson
AIRPORT GUESTHOUSE

Reviewed 7 September 2013

We only stayed one night as we were just passing through Christchurch on our way to the airport but Deb, her family and home were wonderful. The rooms were well appointed, comfortable and clean. The bathroom was lovely. Deb was super helpful and made us feel totally at home whilst not crowding us at all. Breakfast was yum and the atmosphere was relaxed and friendly. Our kids were very welcome and we never felt like they needed to be quiet and sit down and behave!

To cap it all off I had left my mobile in Deb's van (they will run you to the airport for free). I didn't realise until I was at the boarding gate for my plane and my name was announced over the load speaker. Deb had found my phone and raced back to the airport and made sure that I got it back before my plane took off. She's just that kind of person!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Hi

Only to happy to get your phone to you - I would want someone to try for me.

Reviewed 29 August 2013

Deb and Alan are great hosts, friendly and welcoming. They offer a comfortable family home which is warm, well set up and clean. Their quiet and beautiful semi rural situation close to the airport and buses, with any additional transport offered by Deb makes this an attractive place to stay. I would recommend them and would stay there again on any return trips to Christchurch.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Hi Jo

Thanks for the positive review - having people like yourself stay makes it all worthwhile.

Reviewed 26 June 2013 via mobile

Amazing hosts and so welcoming. The rooms are spotless yet have a real family feel to them. The bathroom is immaculate and very spacious. Couldn't have asked for anything more, everything was perfect. Thanks again

• Stayed: June 2013
Deb283, Owner at Airport Guesthouse Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2013

Hi Ben, great to welcome you to our home - thanks for choosing us as your accommodation provider.
Deb

Reviewed 18 June 2013 via mobile

Deb and Alan were wonderful and went out of their way to look after us including picking us up from the airport at 5am. They have a lovely home and are very welcoming. Although the bathroom is shared it was modern and clean. The double room was comfortable, and again immaculately clean. Wifi was free with good connectivity. Breakfast was provided.

The kitchen/living area is shared with the family. They have pets (cat and dog), both big softies. My boyfriend especially enjoyed sharing a beer and watching the All Blacks hammer the French at Rugby!

Thanks guys. Would stay again. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: June 2013
Deb283, Owner at Airport Guesthouse Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2013

Great to have you in our home/guesthouse - hope you enjoy the remainder of your holiday in New Zealand - come back soon.

Deb & family

Reviewed 5 June 2013

Deb has a beautiful home and is a welcoming hostess. Very helpful and accommodating. I was feeling under the weather when I arrived and she made me a delicious lemon and honey drink as soon as I arrived. An immaculately clean room and bathroom facilities. My stay was brief but the bed was super clean and comfortable. Would highly recommend and would stay again. Only a few minutes from the airport. Very convenient.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo

Great to have you in our home/guesthouse - come back soon.

Deb & family