“A must do in New Zealand!”

Alpine Jet Canyon Safari
6 attraction reviews
“A must do in New Zealand!”
Reviewed 20 August 2014

I don't think the last review really does this tour justice. The landscapes that you see while on this tour will take your breath away. As the previous reviewer has stated, the tour is split into 3 parts. The first part involved our tour guide, Steve , driving us out across Mt Torlesse Station to do some proper ''off roading'' through a 10,000 acre farm. The views are spectacular! I was able to get some great shots of the snow capped mountains as well as some beautiful pictures of the various lakes and rivers which flowed through. The next part of the tour involved heading to Waimak gorge to go on a jet boat. This was seriously good fun! The ''skipper'' took us around the gorge and explained different features along the way. We hit some pretty awesome speeds and the skipper intentionally made the ride entertaining by weaving in and out of rocks and doing ''doughnuts'' on the water. Also the water is such an incredible blue colour! After jet boating we headed to a nearby cafe for lunch, which is included in the fee. Once lunch was out of the way we headed off to Arthur's Pass. The journey took about 90 mins but the views I saw of the surrounding mountains were incredible. Steve also ensured it was an interesting ride by filling it with insight and humour. When we got to the station I was given my ticket to return back to Christchurch on the world famous Tranz-Alpine express where Steve would meet me to return me back to my accommodation. Again, the views were breathtaking and varied. This tour is one of the highlights of my adventure in NZ. A must!.

Visited August 2014

Melbourne, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great”
Reviewed 28 January 2013

Safari included collection from hotel in Christchurch, two hour drive to mountains. Then some serious off road travelling up mountains across streams. Continued to Arthur's Pass for a return trip by Transfer Alpine Express back to Christchurch. Relaxing and adventurous at the same time.

Visited January 2013