“great stay”

Airport Palms Motel
Ranked #1 of 146 Hotels in Christchurch
Reviewed 26 March 2014

it was a lovely room we had a king room 15 it was lovely and clean awesome bed I had the best sleep and usually I don't it was quiet, warm good tv , great shower lovely area out side to sit, good parking very happy all round and lovely service you recommend to all

Room Tip: room 15 was so quiet
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Heather D, Public Relations Manager at Airport Palms Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

Thank you .We do appreciate your feedback .

Reviewed 24 March 2014

Two couples shared a 2 bedroom apartment that was spotlessly clean with everything we needed. The bedrooms were spacious and elegantly furnished. Double glazed windows reduced the road noise at night time. The lounge had a large wall mounted TV and another one in the main bedroom. The motel grounds were very attractive and the whole complex was meticulously maintained. The hosts

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

So pleased you were very satisfied with your stay at Airport Palms Motel.
Welcome back any time!

Reviewed 23 March 2014

We were very happy with the room we booked in Christchurch for a one night stay before our flight back home - quiet, comfortable and had everything we needed for a light dinner and breakfast (fridge, crockery, cutlery, washing up facilities etc.) They even provided some milk for tea and coffee. The manager was very helpful on our arrival (advising the closest petrol station). We would definitely stay here again! Thank you Airport Palms Motel.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Glad the facilities were to your liking.Thank you for taking the time to review.

Reviewed 18 March 2014

Spotlessly clean and all mod cons. Very comfortable bed. Even though our room, number 9 faced the road, it was quiet. Wake up call and taxi both on time for a very early flight.
Restaurant and takeaways very handy, and owners very helpful.
Would stay here again!

Thank you.
Welcome back any time

Reviewed 17 March 2014

We arrived at midnight after a long journey with two small children to find that Pat and Bill had thoughtfully given us the room across from the office. The room was spacious and clean (aside from one pillowcase that was immediately remedied in the morning and profusely apologized for). If you arrive late don't pay for the Wi-Fi as you can buy discount coupons from the hosts. We realized once we arrived that this motel was just 6 doors down from my in-laws new home. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your comments.
Pleased you found the location of Airport Palms so close to family.

Reviewed 16 March 2014

I saw great reviews for this motel. The rating was 9.2 or something similar. So I booked this hotel for my stay in Christchurch. While I am not saying that this is a bad motel, I would rather say that the rating was a bit too much for this one. I would not rate it more than 6.5 on a scale of 10. My observations -

1. The rooms are too small and crampy. You need space to pack and unpack. That is clearly missing.
2. When I was there it was a bit hot and I had to wake up twice or thrice at night. I would prefer they keep a small fan for such hot days.
3. The free wifi was given only for 1 hour. In the rest of the country this was not time bound. I mean pls limit the amount of data you can download (5gb per night is the standard in the rest of the country) but why time bound it as well. I wrote a whatsapp msg to my mother who is not online all the time. By the time she saw my msg and replied, my 1 hour free wifi was gone. Although my activity was just sending 1 whatsapp msg. Pls change this aspect if you can.
4. Pls bear in mind there are no stores nearby other than 1 restaurant cum pub. So pls take your own provisions before you enter, if you do not have a car.

Room Tip: I couldn't figure it out myself.....but I guess you have to ask for a big one
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

We regret that you found your unit rather small. We do have many spacious units, so it is a good idea to request a more roomy unit when booking.
Fans are supplied on demand and are advertised in our information booklet in the units.
We have taken your comments regarding the issue you experienced with Wi Fi into consideration.
There is a restaurant very close by, just across the street from the Motel which is open for breakfasts, plus a small Dairy a short walking distance away. There is also a very nice coffee bar in very close proximity to Airport Palms.
We also supply generous continental breakfasts on demand which are delivered to units the previous evening.
We do hope you enjoyed your time in New Zealand and had a safe return home.

Reviewed 15 March 2014

Modern and well equipped accommodation near the airport. Rooms are spacious too. Due to a dreadfully early departure we had to take a taxi but even I can afford the NZ$11 fare! Pat and Bill were great hosts - thanks to them.
After a couple of months in NZ it's always sad to leave but at least the "Palms" softens the blow.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your kind comments.