“We were told to be early for breakfast, just as well we were”

Joe's Garage Riccarton
Ranked #357 of 1,074 Restaurants in Christchurch
Cuisines: Contemporary, International
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 26 August 2014

This is an awesome place and very popular which speaks for itself really. The food and service were superb. The presentation is quite industrial but perfectly fine. Nice and warm, good sized tables and comfy seating. get in before 9 for breakfast or you could wait for a seat.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

Sorry guys but we were hugely disappointed in our visit to joe's today!! I was up with my two bosses to check out the new cafe and bar scene in chch, between the 3 of us we have 25+ years hospo experience (my self a chef).. loved the layout of the place however come time to order.. being told by the waitress "sorry we don't have the equipment or know how to poach eggs" Pretty sure i spotted pots and pans in the kitchen tho....Food arrived quickly only to be served on COLD plates, dry toast inedible bacon and microwaved scrambled eggs... Seriously??? With abit more love and a few tweaks our visit would of been much more enjoyable!

I was really looking forward to Joe's garage being established in Dunedin, Now not so much!!

2  Thank tcnz2013
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

I have been reluctant to come here due to all the previous bad reviews. I live in the area and now have been here several times and I don't know what they have done but the food is awesome!! I eat at restaurants all over the world and the chefs here are fantastic, and professional. The service is also impeccable. I am now a regular

Reviewed 11 July 2014

You can't book here unless you have a party of eight or more. When we arrived, it was packed to the rafters but they managed to accommodate our party of four after a very short wait. The food was delish and very reasonably priced. The continued service throughout the evening was great! Will definitely be popping in again.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

I had dinner with a group of friends last week and the waiter was fantastic in recommending Teddy's Best (which I ordered) and other dishes to my friends. Their hand-cut chips is probably the best I had in Christchurch! Generous portion for price.