“So interesting”

Book In Advance
More Info
US$20.39*
and up
Punting on the Avon River with Optional...
More attraction details
Owner description: Come aboard your classic Punt at the historic Antigua Boat Sheds landing. Your Edwardian Punter will guide you quietly past trailing willows, woodlands and leafy banks as you absorb the beauty of Christchurch’s Botanic Gardens. Punting on the beautiful Avon River is an iconic Christchurch attraction not to be missed. Each Punting tour is 30 minutes duration with informative commentary, and you are returned to your point of departure.
Reviewed 17 December 2012

We had already been to the Botanic gardens so decided to do the punting trip through the Red zone - the area that is out of bounds after the earthquake. we were so glad we did. The river is still beautiful, and information about the demolition and rebuilding was so interesting. We left with a much greater understanding of what this lovely city has been through.

1  Thank LateGappers
All reviews
"botanical gardens"
in 36 reviews
"boat ride"
in 14 reviews
"relaxing ride"
in 12 reviews
"blankets and hot water bottles"
in 5 reviews
in 5 reviews
"photos"
in 24 reviews

Reviewed 24 October 2012

An awesome trip up the Avon, saw ducklings, geese nests, trout. Punting on the Avon was very relaxing. The punter had lots of interesting facts to talk about and was well worth the money.

Reviewed 12 July 2012

I took to the river a day after our first big snow. I accompanied to students from China. We were given hot water bottles and rugs so were very snug except for hands working my camera. The river was so quiet. It was an almost surreal wonderland. The great experience proved there are still good reasons to include earthquake-damaged Christchurch on a New Zealand visit. We need visitors and still have much to offer.

Reviewed 22 May 2012

Beautiful, idyllic, relaxing and worth your time!! I wish I could do this punting again in spring and winter (wink wink!!) I am glad I chanced upon the activity!!