“Great hotel with lovely staff”

Commodore Airport Hotel, Christchurch
Ranked #4 of 146 Hotels in Christchurch
Reviewed 10 June 2014

It's two years since my last stay at this hotel and I am happy to say it is still as good as it was in 2012. The staff were all very helpful and friendly. The bar and restaurant are great - big enough for their patrons but small enough to feel very friendly and warm. My room which was on the 2nd floor was clean and comfortable - only noise was from the other patrons who arrived late or left early but that is to be expected when you are staying at a hotel which caters so well for airport arrivals and departures. I arrived after midnight and phoned the hotel from the free phone at the airport and within a few minutes the shuttle was there ready to pick me up. The next morning they were happy to return me to the airport to pick up my rental car and then again when I left at 5am in the morning the shuttle took me back to the airport. The drivers were friendly and helpful - don't know that I would have been so friendly at that time of the day on a cold wet Christchurch morning but nothing ever seems to be a bother to the staff at this hotel. I congratulate the management on the ethos of great customer service they so obviously share with their staff. I spoke with a number of staff in different jobs from the shuttle drivers, receptionists, room attendants and restaurant staff and they were all polite and friendly. The staff at this hotel really make the difference. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Watch out for the surcharge if you pay by credit card. I stayed last weekend (6 & 7 June 2014) and got charged $9.54 to pay by credit card. This is 'de-marketing' especially when I received a voucher for a free drink for both nights I stayed there. The vouchers were worth about $20.

What marketing genius thought all that up?? Shame really as it's a good place to stay but this sort of stuff turns me off.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Niamh-Irish
Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

It has been a while since we visited christchurch and what made our stay more pleasant was staying in this hotel. I can't fault the service, the food nor our luxurious business room. The staff were attentive and nothing was too much trouble. Definitely will stay here again. Five stars !

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Stayed here for three weeks with work and what a pleasure it was. Quick phone call from the airport and the free shuttle was there to collect me. Great room with a balcony and bush view. Comfortable bed, great bathroom. The room is one thing, but whats sets this place apart is the facilities. Heated indoor pool, spa, sauna, excellent gym. All of these we used daily. The outdoor area is great with nice seating, an outdoor fire and outdoor TV. The restaurant is great, probably a bit pricey but only because I was there so long. Room service is quick. Only negative is zero meal making facilities so your having to order in everything. Again, it's a hotel not a motel, and it's only a negative if your there for 3 weeks like I was. Not many would be I think. I really enjoyed my stay at the Commodore and would absolutely make this my place of choice to stay in Christchurch.

Room Tip: There are many different options of rooms with varying outlooks so ask whats available.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We enjoy every stay at the Copthorne Hotel Commodore Christchurch Airport. It is handy for our staff and clients being near the airport and with their courtesy coach. We are served in a highly professional manner every time which is a an absolute pleasure to be part of. The rooms are very comfortable and clean and it is nice to have a bar/restaurant on-site and a swimming pool and spa.
Thank you to the Team for their continued service to our business. We will support you every time we are in Christchurch.
Second to none.

Room Tip: All the rooms are very nice and comfortable. I stayed in a Business Level room last time and it was...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Great hotel with lots of facilities, 24 hr airport pick up that was quick and easy on the night (midnight collection with a 5 & 7 so we were very happy with this service!). The room was fantastic with comfortable beds and great bathroom facilities (although instruction on how to use the shower/bath single tap would have been helpful as we had never seen one like it before and at midnight after a very long flight from Perth our brains weren't quite up to working it out!). The restaurant provided decent meals at good prices and even had a kids menu.

The staff were all extremely helpful providing us with information, free bus passes and ordering taxis etc with a smile.

The only issue we found with our room is that the window/door into the balcony didn't seal well so each evening we could smell wood fire smoke in the room due to the heavy use of wood fires in the area.

Would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Came for a marathon and had a superb experience at a top hotel. The services and amenities were everything I needed and the bed was so comfortable I slept exceptionally well. Highly recommend this hotel and its staff.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple