Commodore Airport Hotel, Christchurch
US$98
US$88
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Argyle on the Park(Christchurch)(Great Value!)
US$84
US$82
1,596 results
All reviewsbusiness levelbusiness roompattersons restaurantdrink vouchersfree shuttlenew zealandon demandexcellent hotelshuttle servicenext morninglast nightsouth islandrental carcomfortable bedslong flightstayed one nightcity centre
Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

A nice old school country style hotel with on demand shuttle service to and from the airport just 2 minutes away. It's also just 15 minutes drive to the CBD that's being rebuilt.
Hotel also has very comfy bedding, super friendly staff and a great bar.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 August 2014

The staff at the Copthorne Hotel Commodore took great care of us at our recent conference. When our connecting flights to Christchurch were cancelled/postponed the staff set out all our information for us so that we could hit the ground running when we did arrive the next morning ... and they didn't charge for our rooms the night we couldn't get there.The food was lovely,catering ran very smoothly and all the staff were extremely helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
MMPatterson, General Manager at Commodore Airport Hotel, Christchurch, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Dear Sharon S,
Thank you for holding your Conference with us, I am pleased to hear that it went so well.
We look forward to welcoming you back.
Yours sincerely
Michael Patterson

Reviewed 10 August 2014

I have been meaning to write a review for this hotel. I stayed here in March 2014. I wanted to find a hotel close to the airport as I had a long flight from Ireland-Vancouver-Christchurch. I stayed in a corporate room on the ground floor which was expensive but excellent. The beds were very comfortable, I liked the office space with wifi and they offered sky sports which was great when the rugby was on. Room service was good and staff were very friendly. I was a solo traveller and I must thank the manager Michael for his kindness in offering advice and generally pointing me in the right direction and went out of his way to make sure I enjoyed christchurch and even threw in the history of the place. The pick up from the airport was excellent as well. A family run hotel and will be back in the future.

Room Tip: Go for a corporate room on the ground floor for space and wifi. Good deals on booking sites.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 August 2014

The Commodore seems to go from strength to strength. Our room was excellent and the Front desk staff were as helpful and welcoming as ever. Patterson's had a lively bar atmosphere while the food in the restaurant was of the usual very good quality. We met friends there and the super sociable vibe made for sparkling conversation and a fun evening ! The transfer back to the Airport was, pleasingly, a de luxe experience in the new van. The driver was incredibly polite and hepful. This young man's professionalism along with all the positive experiences listed above ensures that we will be back when we are next in Christchurch.

Room Tip: Try the comfortable Kowhai Wing.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Whenever I am in Christchurch, I always stay at the Commodore. The staff always have a smile on their face and are always polite and helpful, no matter what your request or question.

The accommodation is comfortable and warm, especially in the winter months.

The gym and pool are wonderful. I love coming back after a long days work and hitting the spa and pool.

Convent location to the airport and Into the city.

Great place to stay for work

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business