City Central Motel Apartments
US$168
US$146
Hotels.com
Great 4.5/5
Academy Motor Lodge(Christchurch)(Great Value!)
US$62
Rendezvous Hotel Christchurch(Christchurch)
US$129
US$106
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Camelot Motor Lodge(Christchurch)(Great Value!)
US$105
US$93
Hotels.com
Diplomat Motel(Christchurch)(Great Value!)
US$94
US$92
Very Good 4/5
Belle Bonne Motel(Christchurch)(Great Value!)
US$94
US$91
Travelocity
Very Good 4/5
At The Right Place(Christchurch)
US$61
US$29
Agoda.com
Good 3.5/5
All reviewsadjoining roomscentral heatingsky tvsmall kitchenettewould stay againwalking distanceroom was spaciousa great place to stayone night staymotelaccommodationsofadishwasherheatercathedralchchunits
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 October 2012

booked the adjoining rooms while in christchurch with my family of four and the motel was perfect for us.
spacious, clean, great location and managers were very helpful and friendly..would def recommend this place!

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed 9 October 2012

Modern furniture, quiet thanks to double glazing, very comfortable, and central - on main traffic routes. Excellent cafes close by - and a subway next door! Heaps of parking and helpful staff. Thoroughly recommended.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 August 2012

We made this booking based on its location becuase it is very close to our buinsess. It also saves us money and time by walking around the city. Aparts of it location, the room is clean and comfort and nice. The staffs are friendly and nice.. It meets every expectation.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 July 2012

We loved our hotel in Christchurch. Given the recent earthquake, it is as close as it gets to the city center without being in the quarantine zone. Our room was very spacious, clean, and looked nothing like a motel.

We got stranded in Christchurch due to bad weather and the owners and manager were happy to accommodate us at a discounted price and were incredibly helpful in our search of a way out of the city.

Recommendation on Christchurch -- when we visited in June, 2012, much of the city center was still in quarantine, and we found that there was not much to do. There should be many more attractions in the summer months and as renovations continue. Also, when you go to restaurants, confirm the address. Many restaurants had moved due to the earthquake.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sancho11
Reviewed 14 July 2012

I made the booking here based on Trip Advisor reviews. I also had a second booking at the YHA across town in a private room with ensuite, the prices were similar so I went with this as it had kitchen facilities, which considering the current state of the city is a plus.
Before arriving I had a call from Chris the Manager regarding my arrival time, he thought I was coming in off a late flight and was concerned about the check in time to make arrangements for my arrival, it was a glitch in the booking from Hotelclub, but I assured him I was arriving about 4pm from intercity coaches from Picton.
On arrival, Chris was very helpful first of all in informing me of how to get around the red zone as well as what had reopened as well as options for dining, a nearby pub and supermarket, and asked what type of milk I wanted lite or full cream? He took me up to my room and set up the additional heater and let me know they have the central heating set at certain times, I was happy with that.
On my last afternoon I returned and asked Christine if I could have a shuttle booked for my trip to the airport the next morning, she gave me a call in the room to confirm it and asked if I would like the heating turned on as I was the only guest in that afternoon, I was ok with the small heater.
Nearby for dining there is Black Betty's on Madras st and a couple of doors down is Perry's Cafe.
It's still quite hard here a lot of services are still located in the surrounding suburbs of Riccarton and Merrivale, but give your support to the restart Mall in the City, good cafes as well as a good cafe in Balantynes department store.
The big test for this place will be when the big hotel operators start up again in the city centre. I can honestly say, they don't offer the quality of service Chris and Christine offer here, also, the room was huge, room 13 upstairs at the end of the complex, the bed was beautiful, it had a single bed as well as a sofa, the kitchenette facilities had everything I needed as well as a good shower, my only negative was the bathroom sink was too small and difficult while shaving, still I got by and it's nothing when I think of what the people of Christchurch have been dealing with.
I'll be back