Chateau on the Park - Christchurch, a DoubleTree by Hilton
  • Pool
Parkview on Hagley(Christchurch)
Aalton Motel(Christchurch)
View Hotel
City Park Lodge(Canterbury Region)
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
Argyle on the Park(Christchurch)
Lorenzo Motor Lodge(Christchurch)
Ashleigh Court Motel(Christchurch)
1,220 results
All reviewshagley parkdouble treecity centrebotanical gardensnew zealandlovely hotelbeautiful parkduty managerhotel restaurantreception areavery pleasant stayroom was spaciousfree shuttlethe ground floorstayed here for one nightsouth islandearthquake
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 November 2013

We have had four nights here and we found the staff extremely good and helpful. Very friendly and gave us good advice. From time of arrival until we left we found the hotel had a very friendly and personal ambience to it and all the staff throughout really made our stay.
Hotel going under major refurbishment as is the City Centre following the awful earthquake, but this did not spoil our stay at the hotel in any way.
Full marks to what they are doing under what must be difficult circumstances..
Their shuttle service is very good. Wifi is free and works well. Breakfast not five star but certainly good in quality. Again service very good.
We were not disturbed at all by any noise.
Good location by the park and shuttle service is supplied to take you to the centre or the station.
We would stop here again and look forward to seeing hotel when it has completed its repairs.
Don't let the repairs put you off staying here.
As a suggestion I think when they refurbish the room they could make them brighter.

Room Tip: We requested prior to arrival by email a quiet room overlooking the grounds on a higher floor. The hotel replied that they would do their best bust could not guarantee. On arrival reception staff made us very welcome and we were allocated room 258 which fave us everything we wanted.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 November 2013

I have stayed here just overnight, but if you are the elderly quiet type who has a penchant for being surrounded by gardens then I would recommend the Chateau-on-the-park. It’s located basically on the outside edge of Hagley’s Park, and has beautiful flowers and well cut gardens on its property. When I arrived here, the front side of the resort was being refurbished so the reception was shifted on the opposite side. I don’t know how long this will go on, best to call them and find out. The breakfast is good but the breakfast room I found small, though they have tables and chairs in the adjoining garden to sit and eat. However it had rained overnight and so the seats were wet. I found the staff here at breakfast much in a hurry, no smiles, not very cordial, but much abrupt. My room had a balcony and was large, overlooking the garden and green lawn. I noticed the resort was quite old and my balcony was not swept nor dusted. There were cobwebs where the balustrade met the wall. But the room was very comfortable, with large beds, and an equally well done bathroom. Yes the best part of the hotel was the comfortable room. The staff at the reception was very helpful and cheerful too. They have a pet cat, don’t forget to meet gary-the-cat who is very nosy if you have an open bag. The airport is in close proximity as it took me 10 minutes by car.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 November 2013

We are staying here to meet up with a bike tour group. Would not stay again unless it is renovated. Our room is a good size, but shabby with worn carpet. On the plus side, the beds are comfortable and bed lines and towels are nice, but they give you just one tiny soap in the bathroom. It has the oldest TV I have seen since the 1980s. The people at the desk are lovely and helpful, but our room has not been cleaned yet and it is mid-day. We used the fitness center which had a decent amount of space and okay weights and equipment, with one treadmill and a couple of stationary bikes. We liked the location near the park and an easy walk to restaurants and shopping. There seem to be many other hotel choices right nearby that may be more updated.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 November 2013

The room was good sized and clean. The bed was a bit hard and uncomfortable. The other guests were noisy and woke us up early 4.45am! The shower was a bit small too. The reception is undergoing repairs but the rooms were fine.
The breakfast was great and so was room service. I used the free shuttle service to the Isite and it was a 40 min walk back or a $12 taxi fare. I also walked to Riccarton Mall, a good 25-30 min walk. There was a wee dairy about a 10 minute walk away and an okay Indian Restaurant next door.
The motel was ok. Maybe a little far from things without a car - but the free shuttle was good.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 November 2013 via mobile

1st night thought ok looking a bit tired and shabby. Staying wih mum on a tour. Beds ok only 1 dressing gown. On our return a week later put in a room just painted the fumes were terrible! ! Had to be moved. Glad as noticed hair in bath yuk. Moved to new room I had to sleep on a single bed that was ancient only 1 pillow this room no dressing gowns. At this point the staff were lovely. Definitely not of 4 star standard hotel the tv was older than me. Then to finish it off we were given complimentary breakfast vouchers. On arrival at breakfast 05.45! As we had an early start we were told it was a mistake as the coach had arrived early and reception had made a mistake and they would not honour so went to reception where I was rudely told well its your fault for arriving early! Your not getting breakfast so ths thats. The group were all elderly and I think this is terrible service. Dont really want to trapse around an unfamiliar area at 6am. And I could not afford 20 dollar for some milk and a croissant as that was all I wanted! !! Guess they thought I would devour the whole buffet! !!! Not impressed worst service and hotel since arriving in new zealand. Dont stay here you will be disappointed. There are plenty of motels about use those.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family