“Thai Food at it's best!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #189 of 952 Restaurants in Christchurch
Price range: US$6 - US$18
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Cheap Eats, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Christchurch, New Zealand
“Thai Food at it's best!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2014

I have known about May's Thai for quite some time, also owner 'May' but never really had chance to try them out. I have known May for a bit and helped him with few thing around shop and I was honestly impressed about how he keeps his kitchen clean and efforts he makes to better his food.
Anyway I have finally tired May's Thai last week with my partner and found out food was absolutely beautiful!! I never really had good expectations out of small Thai or Chinese takeaway/restaurant as their food can be quite low budget and quality at the same level but the
food we got at May's were good portion with lots of fresh vege (which made sense that he told me that they shop for their vege everyday!) loads of flavors and friendly staffs.
I could go on with my good experience but to make it simple for the review.

- Small restaurant with average ambiance. (Seems making booking was good idea)
- No Credit Card (EFT-POS and Cash)
- BYO ($2 per head!)
- Takeaway available (Even doggy bag)
- G.F. and Vegetarian friendly menu.

It is small restaurant and I am not saying it is the best out there but it is a place you defiantly want to try out because restaurant full of people with smiles on their face is doing something right! P.S. I loved Fresh Chilli with Basil dish and will defiantly be trying out rest of their dishes.

• Visited January 2014
6 Thank Jay_JEL

Auckland, New Zealand
“Purely by chance”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2014

Driving home after being away, we swung in here to get some takeaways - once there we decided to stay and eat in.

Set in a rather horrible block of shops, this little Thai restaurant exceeded all expectations; BYO only, exceptionally good and very affordable.

• Visited January 2014
4 Thank eating_eater
Christchurch
“Nice but not outstanding”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2013 via mobile

The food was very nice although we asked for medium spice for the two dishes that we ordered. However when they arrived one dish had twice the hothess - chilli of the other dish. We still enjoyed them. The place is clean, service attentive and meals of a normal quantity. Just wud have liked some fresh coriander.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank mymagicroundabout
Queensland, Australia
“Good food, good service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2013

We had intended dining in but decided on take-aways. The food was extremely good and the serving size very generous. Can recommend as a good suburban Thai. The decor of the restaurant was pleasant and unpretentious as you would expect for a suburban Thai restaurant. Good food at average prices

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank SophieGoldCoast
Christchurch
“Great value Thai & top quality”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2013

We were due for a catch up meal out with friends and chose this restaurant, tucked away among the shop fronts next to the supermarket on Wairakei near Greers. Comfortable, clean, intimate.

We all chose different meals, and had a shared combination dish as a starter. Every diner rated their choice highly, the service was prompt but not obtrusive, and the couple of BYO Chardies went down a treat at corkage $2 per head. All up $50 per couple.

My oyster sauce stir fry beef was excellent, and my partner's choice (always with cashews) rated superb.

We'll be going back!!!!