Stayed here three times in a three week holiday and was really impressed by the hotel. The hosts, Maggie and Bruce, treated us like family and were very helpful with everything. Unfortunately there was no bath in the family rooms, so be prepared for that if your young ones do not like showers. The location was perfect for our needs, and a walk through the gardens to the Art Centre / CBD / Restart. Took us about 30 minutes to walk it, but can take longer if you are taking in the beauty of the botanic gardens, or have young children unwilling to walk. The kitchen in the room had everything you need to cook your own meals, or if you are wanting a decent meal then there are plenty of restaurants and fast food choices close by. We stayed in the room with a double in the living room and 3 singles in a separate room (Room 8 twice and Room 2), the double bed was very comfortable and we had no complaints from our 4 year old about the single bed. There is Cable TV in the main room with a fair amount of channels, and another TV in the "kids" room. This is just tuned to the free to air programmes but you could easily hook up a dvd or laptop to it.
Wireless internet was available for $10 a day and was better than the previous hotel we had stayed at by a country mile.
Only issue we had was the road noise (Boy racers) but this was only around the weekend, and did not really affect our sleep.
Thanks for the wonderful stays
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Argyle on the Park motel. With its unique location right across Hagley Park in the middle of the City, it makes it ideal for travelers wanting to explore Christchurch. For those who wish to catch TranzAlpine or Coastal Pacific trains we provide Free Transfer to and from Christchurch Railway Station. The motel has twelve fully self-contained units. Each unit has full Kitchens, Heat Pumps, Double glazing, Sky TV and Free WiFi. Riccarton Westfield Shopping Mall, many restaurants and cafes are within walking distance. It is also just few minutes' drive from Christchurch famous HornCastle Arena and Addington Raceway & Events Centre. If you are looking for stay in Christchurch then look no further! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Odigeo, Agoda, Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Argyle on the Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Argyle On The Park Hotel Christchurch
- Argyle On The Park Christchurch