Camelot Motor Lodge
Adelphi Motel(Christchurch)
Hotel Carlton Mill(Christchurch)
Tudor Court Motel(Christchurch)
View Hotel
All reviewsswimming poolmotor lodgehagley parkpleasant walkbit datedstayed here for one nightfree wifisingle bedhome away from homebedroom unitcomfortable bedscentral locationhostsmotelcityaccommodationnz
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 March 2014

Older style hotel a short walk from the city centre. We stayed on 2 seperate occasions en route.The first floor room was dark and curtains had to be closed unless you were happy with people looking in as they passed on the outside access balcony. Internet access in my room was only possible via ethernet cable. Friendly, helpful staff. We felt that the motel was being sold and was being assessed by the new, prospective owners.

Room Tip: Preferred ground floor.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Heading South so stayed at the Camelot Lodge. Rooms were basic but comfortable and all we really needed for our stay. Staff were really helpful and helped us select the right place for dinner. Nice inviting and friendly place as part of our journey.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 February 2014

Situated about 20 minutes walk from the city centre this is a convenient location for visitors to Christchurch. It has several dining options in close proximity.
The rooms are a little cramped with a bathroom and kitchen off the bedroom. Bed is comfortable.
The motel is set up to look like the castle of King Arthur with false turrets outside and mock beams in the rooms, all a bit dated.
Reception is welcoming and milk and complementary wifi available.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 February 2014

This Motel was very clean. Rooms are dark. Rooms were slightly noisy as the doors are all on the car park. There is a nice pool and BBQ. The location is good as there are no hotels in the CBD. Nice and close to the botanical gardens and main Park.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 February 2014

I am appalled at how this place could possibly be rated #9 out of the motels/hotels in Christchurch! Not to mention it's lack of poor reviews. I have never felt misled by Tripadvisor reviews until we stayed here. We chose to stay here based on its positive reviews. I have no idea what these people are talking about and the only thing I can think of is maybe there is new ownership. From the beginning, nothing was right. The guy who checked us in barely spoke (other than uh-huh, um yea, ok, uh...) and had no recommendations (although they did have eating recommendations written on a dry erase board). Both were hard to communicate with, possibly bc English is not their 1st language? I don't know. Our room was horribly outdated and dirty appearing. There were stains scattered all over the carpet throughout the room. Mildew stains in the shower. Throw pillow that was on the freshly made bed w/ stains on it, touching where your head will be. Frosting on the cake was the wine glass in the cabinet that still had lipstick on the rim in multiple places. Gross. I have never been so disturbed with the cleanliness of a room. So much so that we tried to check out the next day despite it being a weekend and we had no idea who would have vacancy (this place was one of the only ones and now we know why). Unfortunately we were told that we would be charged 1 night for checking out early despite the deplorable conditions. They did offer to switch our room but we were not interested as we were so disgusted we just wanted to leave. I've stayed in cleaner hostels when I was in college. Furthermore, the walls are thin and you can hear every time even another room door opens or closes. Unfortunately there was someone having a party next to us and people were in and out all night with rhythmic bangs as they came and went. Not to mention the hideous blood red curtains which wouldn't have mattered if everything else felt clean. The owner didn't even understand what our concerns were. His response was that the rooms are cleaned daily. He did not understand that clearly the cleaning was deficient. And the mattress feels like you are sleeping on cardboard. Bottom line: this place just isn't worth it. I have never stayed in such a hole. And hope to never again. And it wasn't really even cheap. If only the owner would have been a little more understanding and let us move hotels maybe I wouldn't have been so scarred by this mess. I wouldn't recommend this place to my worst enemy. You can review my other reviews - I rarely give terrible reviews and this is by far the worst. Do not stay here....

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple