Not much to choose from in central Christchurch at the moment so this renovated bank into a hotel is a welcome surprise. The rooms are huge - plenty of room for families. The renovations are sympathetic to the period. Service is friendly. Across the road from the old damaged cathedral - that could be off putting to some but this hotel suffered very little damage due to reinforcements undertaken some time back. The restaurant looks nice but the breakfast offering is poor. Not much on offer after 9am and no hot menu. Other than that, this is a very nice hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Christchurch is a long way from the Mediterranean - nevertheless, the opulence of an Italian High Renaissance Palazzo awaits you at the Heritage Christchurch. Designed by Joseph Clark Maddison and opened in 1913, the hotel is listed as a category one building on the Historic Places Trust Register, reflecting its status as a building of national significance. The hotel's grand design is fitting: after all, Christchurch is regarded as the Garden City, and is regarded internationally for its culture and refinement. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Heritage Christchurch reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Heritage Christchurch Hotel Christchurch
- Christchurch Heritage Hotel