The hotel is in a beautiful building with high ceilings and grandiose features. The suites are very spacious with a fully equipped kitchen and laundry. The bedroom is on a mezzanine. The staff is very professional and helpful. We're very impressed by their customer service and willingness to solve issues.
The hotel location is in the most devastated area of the town and if you walk around, you'll see some of the aftermath of the last 2 earthquakes.
Tip: if you're a light sleeper, best to ask for a top floor room away from the road.
Also, if you need a ride to the airport, use the hotel shuttle for $18 for first adult, $24 per couple.
Last, ask the hotel for restaurant recommendation as the area is very quite.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Christchurch is a long way from the Mediterranean - nevertheless, the opulence of an Italian High Renaissance Palazzo awaits you at the Heritage Christchurch. Designed by Joseph Clark Maddison and opened in 1913, the hotel is listed as a category one building on the Historic Places Trust Register, reflecting its status as a building of national significance. The hotel's grand design is fitting: after all, Christchurch is regarded as the Garden City, and is regarded internationally for its culture and refinement. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Heritage Christchurch reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Heritage Christchurch Hotel Christchurch
- Christchurch Heritage Hotel