The Heritage, as the name says, seems to be a converted building from another era, feels a bit like a castle at times. We stayed in the 2 bedroom apartment and it was very spacious with both bedrooms on the upper floor type mezzanine overlooking the living room. It does not have a modern feel but then again is not unpleasant.
Not sure if because of the morose general atmosphere of the earthquake smitten city the hotel itself feels a little lifeless.
On the positive side, we got a friendly reception and the hotel is well situated near to Christchurch's own "Central Park" and near some pleasant bars and a very good restaurant just down the road. Personally I was very interested to see this city and did feel lots of sympathy for the unfortunate but hardy citizens of Christchurch.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Christchurch is a long way from the Mediterranean - nevertheless, the opulence of an Italian High Renaissance Palazzo awaits you at the Heritage Christchurch. Designed by Joseph Clark Maddison and opened in 1913, the hotel is listed as a category one building on the Historic Places Trust Register, reflecting its status as a building of national significance. The hotel's grand design is fitting: after all, Christchurch is regarded as the Garden City, and is regarded internationally for its culture and refinement. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Ctrip TA, Odigeo, Agoda, Priceline, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Heritage Christchurch reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Heritage Christchurch Hotel Christchurch
- Christchurch Heritage Hotel