We stayed in the Old Govt Building for 1 night during our Honeymoon. We loved the grandeur of the architecture and is the most appealing point. We stayed in a split level room which was nice, clean and basic in fitout - the high windows and doors accentuated the grand feel. Our room overlooked the tramway, so there was a little noise. Nice central location, but Christchurch isn't that big after all and we had our own hire car. Overall I would recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Christchurch is a long way from the Mediterranean - nevertheless, the opulence of an Italian High Renaissance Palazzo awaits you at the Heritage Christchurch. Designed by Joseph Clark Maddison and opened in 1913, the hotel is listed as a category one building on the Historic Places Trust Register, reflecting its status as a building of national significance. The hotel's grand design is fitting: after all, Christchurch is regarded as the Garden City, and is regarded internationally for its culture and refinement. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Heritage Christchurch reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Heritage Christchurch Hotel Christchurch
- Christchurch Heritage Hotel